xoxo

Summary: "A sudden warmth. Familiar flames. Yamamoto realizes with a smile who it was, but a question remains in his mind: Why would Tsuna suddenly hug him?" In which Tsuna starts and ends the day by infecting people with his happy greetings.

• • •

It's a peaceful sort of day, the one where the birds could not chirp because the morning has snuck up on them. The sun rises gradually, reflecting its rise on the clouds with pretty shades of morning roses and pinks, colouring the sky. It's a day where someone could label it perfect.

For Sawada Tsunayoshi, his day starts like every other: waking up by the slam of a hammer. A chameleon-hammer. A Leon-hammer?

"It's a mallet," Reborn says as Tsuna rubs his head tiredly. He knows that Reborn has been running him ragged for some reason, but he can never pinpoint it. He sighs at the apparent mind-reading. He doesn't believe Reborn -- must be reading him too well, like he had always been warned -- but he nods, dragging himself right just in time to avoid another hit.

"I'm up, I'm up!" Tsuna yells, grabbing his clothes and rushing to the bathroom. There are no responses but gunshots, tailing him at his feet.

It's the sort of day he's grown used to, with the oddities becoming a regular thing.

Tsuna stares at himself in the mirror, his eyes gazing over his wild hair, and averts his gaze in favour to look at his watch, a late gift from his father.

The seconds tick by slowly, and Tsuna sucks in a breath.

At least something stays constant throughout his life.

• • •

Yamamoto waits patiently with Gokudera, listening to him bicker. He laughs and plays along as always, his eyes drifting from the teen to the sky, waiting for his friend to come. They stand outside of his door, the sky painting the house in beautiful hues of light.

Then, he yelps as something unexpectedly hits him. A sudden warmth. Familiar flames. Yamamoto realizes with a smile who it was, but a question remains in his mind: Why would Tsuna suddenly hug him?

He's unable to ask the question when Tsuna lets him go quickly to hug Gokudera, who had been staring at them in a mixture of jealousy and surprise.

"Come on, Gokudera, Yamamoto, we're going to be late!" Tsuna laughs as he steps back from his embrace with Gokudera, speeding off. It's not a lie, since Reborn liked to wake Tsuna minutes before school began with the lingering prospect of Hibari biting them to death, but it was odd that Tsuna was unusually happy.

Yamamoto chases after the brunet, his eyes gazing over Tsuna's appearance as he runs up beside him. Tsuna flashes a grin at him before he speeds up again, leaving Yamamoto running to catch up. When did he get so fast? Was he holding back on him this whole time?

The challenge motivates Yamamoto to forget his observations as he feels a grin spread on his face, running to catch up to Tsuna with Gokudera following by his side.

They nearly fall as Tsuna takes an unexpected turn to enter through the gates of the school, Tsuna smiling down at them all the way. The only thing that stops him is Ryohei, appearing before him.

"That was extremely fast, Sawada!" He compliments, and instead of thanking him bashfully, Tsuna embraces him in a hug too.

Then, he bows out and runs back into the school. It takes the boxer a few seconds to register what had just happened, and he turns to Yamamoto and Gokudera for an explanation.