Eleutheromania

Summary: The world tore his wings off his back and never again gave him the chance to fly. But that was okay. He didn't need the wings to fly and touch the sky that was rightfully his.

A/N: I had too much fun writing this Tsuna. Another definition for eleutheromania is in the picture above, and considering I wrote this based off of the definition below, I hope I still managed to get that point across.

This idea is similar to my idea of Chains, with your burdens akin to chains, but in a different execution of the idea, I suppose.

I might write a part two of this. I'm not sure yet, and school for me is approaching soon. So, I'll try to keep my inspirations up. 

Twentieth chapter mark — I didn't think I get this far. Thanks for reading as always, and enjoy.

•••

(noun)

A great desire for or obsession with freedom.

•••

His first words for his unescapable future were more than strange.

"This world chains me on the ground and forces me to walk on my feet. They tore off my wings without any concern for my well-being. But if being Mafia Boss changes that, I'll do anything."

But it wasn't only those words that marked a change in whatever profile Reborn was given, but his actions. He hadn't only walked like he was chained (subtle movements that suggested a heavy weight was on his arms, but no bruises marked of that), but he had accepted everything that had come his way.

When Reborn had arrived, Tsuna was speaking with his mother, looking somewhat interested in the flyer. Reborn found that it was odd, as some people would've treated it as a scam. When he had introduced himself, Tsuna made him feel right at home, no questions at all.

"Aren't you going to question why I'm a baby?" Reborn attempted to provoke the boy, who sat right in front of him obediently. His hand itched to pull out a gun to get a reaction out of the brunet.

Tsuna smiled, and Reborn was immediately felt that something was off with the smile. It was a smile that said he had simply given up, with those gleaming honey-brown eyes of his. "The world has mysterious ways of working, don't you think?"

"You didn't answer my question," Reborn pointed out, and Tsuna tilted his head at him, as if surprised, though the only indication was the slight widening of his eyes.

"The world doesn't chain babies," Tsuna shook his head slowly, as if he was understanding his own words as well. "They only take the things they want from them when they grow. But you, you seemed to already have lost something most babies have."

"And what's that?" Reborn inquired, curious of what the brunet could know. The words were strange, and his eyes always seemed to be glazed, never looking directly upon his face for eye-to-eye contact.

Tsuna leaned forward a bit, his words barely louder than a murmur.

"Hope."

⋆⋆

"Oh, are you following me to school as well, Reborn?" Tsuna questioned the tutor as he walked, his back straight as he dragged his feet on his ground.

"I have to as your home tutor," Reborn reminded, walking alongside him. Even if the boy was a bit off than what the information had stated, he was still assigned to a job he must complete.

"I see," the teen replied, and his feet stopped as a girl, looking about his age, stepped in front of him.

"Ah, Tsuna-kun!" She spoke, her eyes lightening up as she stepped towards him. The brunet idly tilted his head, as if asking an unvoiced question. "I was looking for you. May I walk with you to school?"