Torpe (Wordables #2)

Summary: (Wordables #2) Tsuna has always loved her. He's just never told her his feelings. But in the end, he's aware that it's impossible to do so.

A/N: This is very, very late. I had planned to release this earlier, but school had gotten involved and now it's hours late. Unfortunately, this is not the only thing I have to state.

Updates will now be bi-monthly, as a reasonable goal I can meet while balancing out my school life. If I do happen to post on the first of March, it means that you guys got lucky and I had the time to finish up the one-shot. If not, school is a clear, definite reason.

I'm sorry for any inconveniences, and I hope you enjoy reading this Valentine's Day special.

• • •

Torpe (n.)

Origin: Tagalong

A man who is desperately in love with a woman, but cannot admit his feelings or approach her.

• • •

It was hard to say when Tsuna had began liking her. But since that day he had felt his heart beat, he knew that she was his everything. Perhaps he was mistaking the feelings of love for something else more, but it was impossible to convince him that she was something else but a crush.

Her smile, her complexion, her kindness. Each of them touched his heart and surrendered them to be hers, and only hers.

She was his happiness.

She was his lifeline.

And as much as his life was spiralling out of his own control, he was willing to continue it just to see her smile. His happiness was not his own; it was hers. It was hers that made everything matter.

He had his morals: no stalking her, no interfering with her life. He would not let her know of his pitiful existence, though it was just as clear as daylight that he liked her. Maybe he should've hid it better, but he was no-good after all. The last thing he should try to hide was something he liked.

Nana had wanted to give him love advice, but taking it from a woman who married an alcoholic? Tsuna wouldn't believe it from the start, though his mom would look happier if his father was by her side always.

This was love, wasn't it? Wanting someone to be beside you, wanting them to smile. It wasn't as if she was the meaning of happiness, and all things good in life?

Tsuna didn't know, but he was willing to give his feelings a shot, after being hurt and tied down, leaving them behind for a better, less painful life.

• • •

Around his fingers, he touches a red string of fate. Never ending, indeed, whoever was at the end would be tied with his fate forever.

If only Tsuna knew the exact meaning of those words that the time. Perhaps then, would he lower his hopes to protect the one he loves from harm's way.

But life doesn't work like that.

• • •

When he was younger, his mom had told him stories of how she had found Iemitsu, how convinced she was that he was the one, and how she was right. She had never loved anyone more than a crush, and as she had spent time with him, she had fell in love before she could even realize it.

It was his voice, his scent, the feeling of his rough hands. The way he looks at her, the way he smiles. The way that he, too, cared for her too much for words, and would die for her.