Looking Back

Summary: Sometimes, Tsuna would have a dream where he would look back at everything he's done. Sometimes, he would regret certain things. But at the end of the day, it's everything that had happened - everybody, good or bad, that had contributed to his life that made him who he was today.

A/N: Thank gosh for monthly updates. Got me off my butt to finish this one-shot.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

⋆⋆⋆

"I consider everything that happened to be precious moments of my life. The pain. The suffering. The fun... And I am here right now, because everyone was there for me. I couldn't have accomplished anything by standing still, without anybody's help. I treasure every moment I have spent here. Unlucky? I feel pretty lucky. This is my resolve."

- Sawada Tsunayoshi

⋆⋆⋆

Occasionally, Tsuna would have a dream. He would be walking on a road, looking forward to the future memories, walking certainly to an unknown future, where no matter what happened, he would have his friends beside him.

It wasn't anything he needed Reborn or his family (connected by blood or not, he always thought now, whenever he reflected the meaning of the word), to know about, nothing that haunted him particularly.

It was just, that when he looked back, sometimes, he would see nightmares reflected back, Byakuran's face scraping up to him, his shocked face when he had mercilessly burned him, for Yuni or not.

He knew, in the future, there would be more of them, even though Byakuran and he were on good terms now, and the brunet had forgiven him. Tsuna knew, he would eventually have to take another's life, cause others to lose their lives - for him.

Now, in the dream, Tsuna paused, regarding the ground with sudden interest, his hand balled into a fist as he steeled himself to look behind, at the past.

"Useless-Tsuna!" A young voice called, just a name calling that had morphed into . . .

"Dame-Tsuna!" An older voice called out, taunting him, and Tsuna closed his eyes, taking in a shuddering breath.

It was how his classmates regarded him, back then, before Reborn had come. Expectations lowest of the low. Not particularly liked, not particularly bullied, but was on rock bottom. Nobody wanted him.

The lowest of the low. An outcast. Unwanted.

It was how the system ranked him, and Tsuna covered his ears, squeezed his eyes shut as he remembered how he had felt, how he had trudged with a flickering flame of hope; of change to possibly happen in his black and grey coloured world.

Another shuddering breath in his body. Then, a hand on his shoulder, and Tsuna turned, seeing the Past him, smiling sadly as Past-Tsuna shook his head gently, pushing him forward, away from the past, where he was promptly kicked by a strong force.

"Ack!" He cried, lifting his head to see a baby standing there. Tsuna felt his eyes widen as he whispered, "Reborn."

"You'll know when you die," Reborn spoke, the same words he had told him before he had shot him down to confess to Kyoko, the one reason he went to school.

Tsuna couldn't speak as Reborn raised his gun to shoot him, but couldn't squeeze his eyes. He stared levelly at the hitman, and the tutor faded as just another memory that had happened to him.