Home

Summary: Haunted by nightmares, Tsuna can't seem to get a grip on reality. But nightmares don't last forever, and he learns that he's the luckiest guy on earth to have amazing friends to remind him what home really means.

— - —

Dame-Tsuna, why are you so useless?

Tsuna trudged through the snow, the cold air biting his exposed cheeks as he watched his puffs of air fade away. He wished he could do that, too.

Dame-Tsuna, can't you kick a soccer ball?

He closed his mouth shut through all the jeers, his eyes following the ground. Why did he come? He had skipped middle school multiple times before. Why didn't he do it now?

Tsuna blinked as his surroundings changed, his friends surrounding him happily. He laughed, so glad to be with people who cared about his existence.

Dame-Tsuna, don't you know you'll always be worthless, even with your friends?

You don't deserve them.

The brunet quieted, hearing the laughter around him die out as well. He looked up from his spot on the ground, making eye contact with the rest of his classmates, all were whom staring at him with blank eyes.

Dame-Tsuna, you're not fit for anything right.

They all took a simultaneous step forward. To keep the distance between them, Tsuna took a step back, his eyes searching for a way out. But there was nothing to do but to keep backing up and continue listening to their jeers.

You think you can be more? You think you can be better than us? You make anyone lose. Dame-Tsuna, why couldn't you be better? You can't possibly be a candidate.

Tsuna felt his back press against the window. He squeezed his eyes shut, his doubts being voiced by his classmates. Those who never cared. And those who did . . . weren't there.

Dame-Tsuna, there is nowhere for you to go but to stay on the rock bottom.

With the words echoing in his head, Tsuna opened his eyes wide as Mochida appeared in front of him and pushed him out of the window, the glass cutting his skin as he fell towards the ground.

That's the only thing you'll ever do right.

— - —

He gasped, sweat pouring down his face profusely as he felt his limbs dangle uselessly. At the last word, Tsuna winced, his eyes blurred. Were they from tears from his nightmare?

"Sawada!" At Ryohei's voice, the brunet noticed he was being carried . . . bridal style, for some reason. No wonder his limbs were like that. "Stay awake!"

"Huh?" Tsuna mumbled, his head lolling against the older teen. It was embarrassing, but he couldn't help it; he just felt so tired . . .

"L'il bro!" Ryohei very nearly shouted in his ear, but Tsuna felt his eyes close, his body screaming for sleep. As he did, he heard a faint sound of gunshots in the distance. What were they doing?He wondered as his mind welcomed blissful unconsciousness.

Yet, at the back of his head, Tsuna felt that something was wrong.

— - —

People lay in front of him, beside him, screaming for his attention.

Vongola did this! They screamed in unison. How could you change that?!