Chapter 3 ✅

This time round something different woke me up. But not something bad, no, quite the opposite actually. It was the scent of something powerful, it's smell drew me in whilst a vivid picture grew in my mind of what it could be.

I'd never been more captivated in my life.

"Do you smell that?" I asked Alistair, rubbing his hand with my thumb.

He stirred, opening his eyes and hissing at the light that streamed through the windows. He smelled the air, breathing in and out before turning to me and shaking his head.

"No, maybe it's your reaction to the silver." He said groggily.

I nodded, agreeing with him for the time being. That is until the smell intensified and somehow my wolf was able to get through to me despite the silver.

It's him.

That's all she said, nothing more. I was puzzled, about to ask her what she meant, when the door creaked open and the man with the beautiful smell walked in.

Mate.

I tensed, feeling their authority as the strode over to me, capturing their gaze in mine. My breath escaped from me as I stared them down, anger suddenly raging up inside of me at their silence.

"The Alpha, I presume?" Alistair asked, breaking the silence.

The male ignored him, reaching up and breaking my chains with one flick of his hand. I fell to my knees, power surging through me as I felt my wolf return to my body. The man kneeled onto one leg, still silent, and spoke in the smallest of voices, but with the highest of authority.

"You're mine."

His voice captured my attention, it's beautiful melody lulling me in. I was captivated, entranced by how his brown eyes watched me with the highest of caution. His eyes showed no desire for me though, in fact, they reflected slight irritation as if the mate pull wasn't affecting him.

I growled, baring my teeth and attempting to stand up. The Alpha's hands went to grab the back of my neck, harshly tilting it back so we were eye to eye. He showed no remorse in his actions as he held me, his sharp eyes watching me like a hawk. I watched him with equal intensity, not able to stop my eyes from shamelessly raking over him.

He had the clear build of an Alpha, with a scar running down his right arm, and a tight fitting shirt adorning his broad chest. His features were a sight to behold as well, with a hard, expressionless face and sharp features. He was dominating with just a look, and I knew if I was a wolf I'd be showing him my neck with my belly exposed....submitted.

"I will put you back on those chains just as I took you out." He growled, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I snapped out of my daydream, snarling at him and showing him my intentions. I wasn't going to submit to him at all; this was clear. He seemed temporarily surprised at me before his face returned to no expression and he slammed me onto the wall, pulling a silver chain across my stomach and constricting me.

I hissed as the silver painted my bare skin, biting down on my tongue to stop myself from screaming out loud. I'd had my fair share of punishments from my past, both whippings and chains, but this silver was one I'd never felt before.

"I don't care if you're my mate, I will have respect from everyone." He grunted, pulling the chains impossibly tighter.

I almost laughed, but stopped myself, realising how dark it would sound. This wasn't how mates were supposed to treat each other, even if we had just met, we were supposed to grow to love each other with compassion and kindness, he was treating me with hatred and disgust.

"I will never submit to you." I spat, dispassionate seething from my tone.

He grunted at me again, his warm brown eyes now a storm and bordering on black. "You'll stay here until you will then." He said curtly.

I took advantage of the moment, lunging at him at snapping my jaws. I narrowly missed his face, but I didn't stop there, no, I swiped my arm before he could chain me there, my claws elongating and slicing through his skin.

I was feral, obdurate rage pulsating through my body. It was a disease that was threatening to release my wolf, its claws had me gripped in its hold, it's voice being shown through me.

I watched the point where I'd struck him; the tip of his right ear to the edge of his lips. Thick crimson blood dripped out of it, staining the floor beneath him as he remained catatonic. When it started healing I began to feel apprehensive, my nerves on edge as I waited for him to do something to me.

Alistair had remained silent the entire time I forgot he was there, but I could just make out the forced breaths coming out of his mouth. None of us had had anything to eat - for almost up to two days it seemed - and now it seemed like, because of me, we'd have to wait longer.

The cut had almost completely disappeared from his face, leaving in the wake a new set of his glowing skin.

The Alpha seemed to be pondering something - probably whether to kill me or not - and stood deep in thought for a few seconds, before spinning on his heel and leaving, slamming the cage door as he did.

Breathing a deep sigh of relief, I leant my back onto the wall, shivering when it's cool texture brushed over me. Fatigue penetrated my mind as I finally - as best as I could - relaxed, closing my eyes.

"He could've killed you," Alistair stated, his voice raspy and strained.

A sound, something banking on a sigh and a scoff, escaped from my mouth, amusing me slightly. I knew he wouldn't have done it; his wolf wouldn't have allowed it.

I voiced my thoughts to Alistair, who responded with a tight face and no visage. Me having a mate must've affected him greatly, especially because I've more than once shown what feelings I had towards him.

I squeezed my eyes shut, forcing myself to push my thoughts aside and get some sleep. Somehow though it must've worked because soon I was drifting off into a deep slumber.