Chapter 26

Accalia shifted in her seat, her eyes darting anywhere but on my face. It was clear she was uncomfortable in my presence and would have been happy being anywhere else but with me.

Yes, we had a sort of understanding, but that didn't mean we were friends at all. Just a mutual agreement we wouldn't rip each other to shreds when we were near each other.

"Orion has a past no person should ever go through," She began, "At a very young age, his father was killed by a rogue who then took his place as Alpha, ruling this pack with no discipline."

"Naturally, the rogue was attracted to Orion's mother, and so...things happened, and she became pregnant." She continued.

"I'd imagine it was horrible for him." I muttered.

Accalia shrugged. "Quite the contrary actually, Orion hadn't known his father for long, so took an immediate liking to this new Alpha. He was a child that didn't know right from wrong, so when his mother gave birth he didn't think anything of it." She explained. 

"As he and the child grew older, he started to notice things. The way his mother would cower away from the Alpha, the way pack members wouldn't look him in the eye - not out of respect, but rather fear. When he was fifteen, maybe sixteen, he confronted him about it one night."

"I don't know what happened, the vision the Oracle showed me was slightly hazy. Maybe Orion was too aggressive and bared his teeth or something, but the Alpha got angry and dragged him out of the pack house, taking an innocent man with them."

"Then, right in front of Orion, he slaughtered him."

"Every time Orion stepped out of line that would happen. Orion's dreams were now just a blur of horrible massacres, and all because of that man."

"Then one day, out of nowhere, the Alpha called for a dominance battle. Orion thought it was between two juveniles, but it wasn't."

"Orion stepped out onto the field with shaking hands, looking around to see who he'd fight. When his eyes landed on his brother, his heart stopped."

"And he refused to fight his brother...so the Alpha did it for him.

"When his brother was dead, the Alpha tried to give Orion the same fate - with no luck."

"Orion slaughtered the man he'd looked up to his whole life, and after that, locked his heart up within chains, refusing to let it out for anyone."

Accalia sat back, crossing her legs and folding her arms over each other.

"Not even you could break his chains, Alastrine, not even you." 

-

Even I can admit this was probably the worst chapter I've ever written...

It was such a struggle writing it because I'm so tired right now, those of you who live in England will know it's began unnaturally hot this week

Like...hot hot.

Anyway, I'm doing so many tests, which equals just as much revision and studying I have to do. So its fair that I tell you chapters might be a little spaced out

Though, I have a few more books on my profile you can read it you want...

For those of you I've randomly sent a PM to, ignore it. It's just me being weird...

Though if I'm bored I might do it again.

;)

Oh, and queennadimah, just because you got more than me in the test doesn't mean you're better than me.

I'll be watching you...