Chapter 25

I stood stock still for the first few seconds of the kiss, my mind hadn't processed what was happening yet, and my body stood rigid and unmoving.

That was until I finally realised what was happening and, with all my might, I pushed Orion away.

He only stumbled back due to my lack of strength, his eyes darkening as my claws extended from my hands and I swiped at his face.

"I said to never touch me." I growled, baring my teeth.

Pushing past him, I ignored the strong urge to rip his face apart and headed to the door, slamming it behind me. 

It amazed me how Orion could be so ignorant. How could he be so stupid to think I'd kiss him back, after all he did to me?

My back hit the wall as I slid down, angrily grabbing my hair in my clenched fists.

Remember, all you have to do is heal, then you'll  get the pack, and get the hell out of here.

My wolf, with many thanks from me, reminded me of the task at hand, bringing me back into the unforgiving reality.

The door handle shook behind me, and before Orion could come out and catch me there, I was racing downstairs and into what I hoped was the deserted kitchen.

How wrong I was.

It seemed that the Moon had somehow drawn all the females into the kitchen at this one time, as if they were waiting for me.

Quickly, I spun around, putting one foot forward and preparing myself to walk out, when a chair scraped noisily on the floor.

"Alpha Female." One of the females said.

Slowly I turned around, and was suddenly self conscious about my scars in great contrast to their porcelain skin and beautiful features.

Out of nowhere, Accalia stepped forward, her dark hair pulled up into a ponytail, and her face looking as beautiful as ever.

"Alpha Female." She greeted, bowing.
My wolf bristled, snapping her jaws so I was pulled forward and a dark look overtook my eyes.

I don't have time for her stupid games.

"It's nice to see you again." She muttered, stepping back.

"Can't say the the same for you." I mumbled, attempting to pull what I was wearing lower down.

I wasn't imagining it, it seemed that all the females were averting their eyes from my legs, causing my wolf to go defensive again.

Accalia rolled her eyes, and I was prepared to leave her and her judging females, when I heard the stairs creak with the weight of someone.

Orion's scent rushed into my nose, and, in an attempt to get away, I darted behind the island and opened the fridge, with my back facing away from him.

"Alpha." I heard Accalia say, yet no scent of arousal followed.

Strange. My wolf commented, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Accalia," Orion followed, "Move."

It wasn't until I turned around, did I see that all the females were blocking his way to me.

I felt a rush of appreciation as Orion gave a warning growl and turned, striding out of the room.

I breathed a sigh of relief, my wolf pacing anxiously as they all turned to look at me.

"I can fight my own battles." I sneered at Accalia.

She scoffed, folding her arms across her chest. "With all do respect, you looked like your wolf was about to rip him apart."

I growled, and the others around her shuffled away so it was just us.

"I'm not a juvenile, I can control my own wolf," I spat, "But you probably don't know what control is, seeing as you let your arousal run wilder than a rogue."

Accalia ran a hand down her face, folding her arm across her chest again.

"Listen, just listen. I have something to tell you." She said.

"So what?" I answered.

She exhaled lowly, rolling her neck around. "You're so difficult sometimes." She muttered.

"I'm difficult? You're the one that sat with him in the dinner, you challenged me for my title,

"Look, I went to the Oracle last night; couldn't sleep-"

"I don't care."

"And," She continued, "The Moon told me to tell you about Orion. Now, I'm not sure if that's referring to before you were here, or maybe just his...past, but I know I've got to tell you something."

Again, the Moon's message to me about my healing rang through my head. Maybe this was another stage, healing of the mind; understating my enemy so I can better relate with him.
If I even can.

"If you want answers, give me a shout. If not, I hope you have a great time with your mate." She said, then turned around and walked away.

Good riddance to her. My wolf said.

Yet my curiosity got the better of me, and before I could grab something to eat, I was out the door and following the fading scent of Accalia.

Maybe, just maybe, I might finally have some answers.

-

So, I'm not dead.

My apologies for the extremely late update, I had a major English Test that I was studying for the whole week, and I was so engrossed in it that I didn't have any time to write. 

And on top of that, I've been sick and I just couldn't find the strength to pick up my phone and type.

No worries though, I'm better and now typing as fast as I can to get chapters quickly uploaded.

Ad if you didn't know, my updating schedule is any time from a day to a week, so keep a keen eye out.