Chapter 7

Surprisingly, I was able to successfully find my way back and up to Orion's room without any problems.

The Alpha was sitting at a desk I hadn't noticed, his fingers lightly glazing over a laptop whilst his eyes scanned over it. He didn't look up when I entered, instead asked me a question while his eyes remained glued to the screen.

"How was the tour?" He asked.

I hesitated, noticing the subtle aggression that flitted in through his sentence. My wolf perked up, preparing for a fight if one was needed.

"You have a Bastille," I said, not bothering to answer his question.

He grunted, lifting himself up from his chair and shutting the laptop. "You're perceptive." He stated.

"Why do you have a Bastille, are your wolves that badly behaved?" I mused.
He growled at me, a warning - I was playing with fire. 

"My wolves are none of your concern until you're confirmed Alpha Female." He answered, his brown eyes peaked at black.

My wolf perked up, her eyes narrowed and her ears pulled back...suspicious. And she was right to be.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, still stood in the middle of the room.

Orion didn't answer me at first, he seemed to have an internal battle with himself, but in the end, he must've won because he spoke with the usual dominance to his voice.

"Some of my females want to challenge you."

I stood my ground firmly, although I can't say I was expecting it.

"Your females have no morals, do they?" I insulted.

His wolf surfaced in an instant, an infuriated growl coming from deep within his chest and turning his brown eyes to an obsidian black.

"I don't think you'll win." He mocked, his voice deeper.

I bristled, my muscles tense as the atmosphere turned from annoyance to anger. His wolf had a way of making mine irked, the very nature of it opposite to what we were supposed to act like as mates.

"You and your wolf underestimate me," I claimed.

He chuckled darkly, his mane of hair flying wildly as he did so. "You and your wolf overestimate yourself." He contrasted.

"I can take your females," I said.

He chortled within himself, an action I found that was done to scorn me, mock me.

"I doubt that, my females don't take kindly with strangers, am I right?"

I thought back to how his female treated me with malevolence and rejection. At the time I'd thought that was just because I was still branded a rogue, but now I knew it was because I was being challenged.

"Don't challenge them, you won't like the consequences." He stated.

The animal inside me wanted to surface and show this Alpha I could take anyone, show him I wasn't scared of his feeble females.

All bark and no bite.

But I couldn't find it in me to do it, so instead, I gave a disrespectful growl, baring my teeth and meeting him in the eye.

I was done with the conversation.

"Where will I be sleeping tonight?" I asked, diverting his attention.

He snorted, finding my question comical, and removed his shirt, flinging it onto his desk.

My wolf narrowed her eyes at him, watching and waiting to see what he would do. She wasn't entranced by his masculine body, nor was she bewitched by his looks.