Chapter 29

The darkness didn't stop at the sky, it settled over the pack members like thick fog, so thick that I couldn't see my hands in front of me. My wolf should have been alert, her teeth bared and form a defensive one, but she was strangely calm.

"Alastrine, we meet again."

A voice, so wispy and calm, yet with the authority higher then an Alpha. It was the Moon, clearly, but as I stepped closer to it, I saw the Oracle, her eyes nothing but white, and her silver hair standing up.

I tried to speak, to open my mouth to acknowledge her, but it was like I couldn't. Her white eyes followed mine with eerie flickers, before she floated forward, seemingly unfazed by the darkness.

"Ask, and you shall hear."

Two questions lingered in my mind, but one was greater in importance than the other, and I gave in to the urge that pulled me in like the Moon to the tide.

I didn't speak at all, yet it seemed the Oracle knew exactly what my question was. She floated forward, her body fading like the fog around us until she was nothing but silver smoke. Confused, I stumbled back and the silver smoke danced around, coming ever closer to me until cold air consumed me, and all I could see was smoke...

Then voices, and suddenly the image was becoming clearer. The smell of rotting flesh and decay filled my senses and I began to cough, my eyes filling up with tears as the image moved on. I saw myself, with someone in my arms and the feeling of grief weighing heavily on my shoulder. I held my breath in fear as I peered closer to who I was holding with such grief on my face, and a scream ripped through my lungs.

The image disappeared as quickly as it had come, along with the silver smoke and the darkness, and I was left back with the pack, still screaming. My legs must have buckled under me, for I was a crying mess on the floor, my mind filled with images of what the Oracle had shown me. My fists were clenched by my sides, and it was only until I felt the cool touch of someone's hand on my shoulder did I snap out of my trance.

"Alastrine! Alastrine!" Orion shouted next to me, his shouts overpowering the harrowing scream I carried. I slapped his hands away from my and got up, stumbling back as if I were drunk.

"You! It was you!" I shouted again, ignoring the questioning stares of the pack members. A lot of them were still recovering from their own Oracle visits, and their eyes seemed dazed.

"What do you mean?" He asked, a confused look on his face, as if he didn't know what he'd done!

"Dont play stupid with me. You know what you did, you...you beast!" I shouted, growling at him with such ferocity that his wolf took it as a threat and his eyes flickered to black.

"Don't speak to me that way. Calm your wolf." He said, baring his teeth.

My eyes flared gold as I lunged at him, shifting midair and causing the people around as to step back, respecting the fight that was about to happen. Orion stayed in his vulnerable form, unlike the other times we fought he seemed exhausted and confused, as if he wasn't expecting it. 

I snapped my jaws at him, crouching low in a defensive form as I circled his body, my lips pulled back and fangs bared. My ears twitched forward, concentrating on the steady heartbeat that pulsed through his body. His eyes remained trained on my wild ones as he stayed still, only moving to keep a watch on me.

"Attack me." He said, nodding.

I didn't need permission, nor was I going to take it. He thought he could patronize and try to coax me out of my rage, but I was too far gone for anyone to stop me.

A sudden flash of what the Oracle showed me again was enough to get my riled up, my mouth dripping with the hunger of having his blood in my mouth. His screams piercing the silence of the night as I howled in victory of his fall.

His posture seemed to shift as he noticed the scent of bloodlust in the air. The need to protect his pack took over and he took a defensive manoeuvre, signalling for the people around us to leave the area before they got hurt. They meant nothing to me, and their retreating footsteps were all that I needed to assure myself I could stain the ground with more of his blood.

"You need to stop this." He said, looking back down at me.

I growled in response, shaking my head as I scraped the ground with my claws and watched him with careful eyes. He seemed unaware of what he had done to me, as if he were playing a sick game.

I saw red and lunged, my teeth latching onto his shin and biting down with anger fueling it. I tasted blood on my tongue and bit down harder, satisfied when Orion let out a grunt of anger and fell forward, pinning me to the ground.

"Stop this. I have done nothing to you." He shouted, looping his arms around my neck and pressing my muzzle to the ground.

I squirmed and bucked underneath him, but it was useless. With his strength he was stronger than me as an Alpha, I was like an injured deer. My growls didn't soften though, and my claws managed to catch his skin a few times.

"You're working your wolf up for no reason. Calm down." He said, putting more pressure on me.

My wolf forced me to shift back, and I lay shivering under Orion, still growling and baring my teeth as he stood up.

"What is it? What did I do?" He growled, running a hand through his hair.

I growled again at him, finally snapping. "You killed him. You killed him, that's what you did!" I shouted, standing up to push him.

Orion shook his head, confusing laced across his face as he spoke with anger in his tone.

"Who...who did I kill!" He shouted.

My eyes glowed gold again as I answered his question, a roar louder than what I had ever done shaking the ground beneath us.

"Alistair. You killed Alistair."

-

Dun dun dunnnnn

Oh, crap. Shit is about to go down.

Again, there was a bit I wanted to add before, like some affections between Alastrine and Orion, but nah.

Hope you enjoyed this, don't forget to comment your theories and vote.

Big shoutout to PerlaCastanon and bookgalaxy_5 for their amazing comments that made me smile. Thank you ❤