Epilogue | The Calm before the Storm

The walk back to Orion's room was the first walk I didn't feel tense on. My wolf was calm in my mind, purring eagerly as I sat on the bed, staring out of the window as a breeze blew my hair back, calming me.

I could only imagine what my brother was going through, but with Orion's permission I could help him now, and I wouldn't waste anymore time knowing he was alive.

The bed shifted under my weight as I stood up, sensing it was time for me to go. Alistair was dead and his body rested in a pack that wasn't his, but I needed to move on, if not for my sake then for his. I would get justice for him, maybe when my brother was back he could challenge Orion for the Alpha position, but right now I couldn't stand by and leave him to die on his own, this was something I had wanted since we were split up all those years ago.
In the midst of my thoughts I hadn't noticed when Orion walked into the room, his scent of authority trailing after him as he stood there, watching.

He let the scent change to something dimmer, a sadness that had my wolf whining in my head to comfort him.

I bristled though, hair standing on end as I let my teeth show in defiance.

"Now isn't the time for that." I growled out, thinking he was going to try and stop me from helping my brother.

"Relax your wolf," He said, tinting his voice with a growl. "My sadness is only because of the harm I caused you."

Hackles raised and my anger increased, I stepped towards Orion, watching as he looked down at me, strong features unfazed by my act of defiance. Maybe he had grown used to it, or maybe he didn't care, either way I approached with caution, eyes slightly ablaze to show my wolf.

"My brother will challenge you when he gets here." I said, calmly this time.

Orion didn't seem too shocked by the news. It was common practise anyway. My brother was a strong wolf that could definitely take on Orion, with or without fatal injuries. It would be a fight to remember, and if Orion wanted me as a mate he would have to get the permission of my brother, who would demand the Alpha position as an exchange.

Orion nodded, a low growl escaping his chest. He knew he couldn't say anything, I'm sure he's had his fair share of challengers before me, ones that have gotten close to becoming Alpha. If only they had, then maybe I could've rejected Orion on the grounds of him being a lower rank.

My wolf growled at my thought and I eased her, walking past Orion as the moon rose in the sky; an invitation to begin my journey.
I ran down to say my goodbyes to Keiko and Anya, tears almost spilling as the moon began to pull my towards the woods. They were sad to see me go, as expected, and they resented Orion because of his actions towards me, but they also knew they couldn't come with me, so their wolves would have to submit and pledge loyalty until I came back.

I felt like shifting; rubbing myself against them so my scent stayed with them, and Orion knew they were my pack and would stay away because of my scent. Yet, I knew he was doing me a favour by letting them stay, so I hastily rubbed my cheek to Keiko's and ruffled Marcos' hair,
remembering the task at hand.

I broke from the sad farewell and walked towards the border of the forest, throwing one last look to the females of the pack, then to Orion who looked on in sadness at the uncertain fate and the unofficial loss of his mate, before shifting and sprinting away.

-

Comment if you want another book regarding what goes on when Alastrine gets to her brother, or that could be bonus chapters on this book. 

In the meantime there are other books that are pertaining to this series, ones that I have posted on my profile, so check those out please.

You know I have so many different ideas to see where the book will go, and I've settled on one that I know you will love.

So next update will be part one of Tied by The Moon, where she is trying to find her brother. Think of it as part 2 of the book.