Chapter 24

I woke up later that day with the room baked in a golden glow.

It was nearing sunset, and the sun peeked over the horizon just enough to give off a light that I rarely saw anymore.

Looking around the room, I spotted Orion in the corner, he was staring out of the window with a lost look in his eyes, and I wondered what he was thinking.

I had to admit, I was suprised when I saw him still in the room. A part of me had expected him to immediately shun me after that little...moment we'd had.

Don't trust him.

I ignored my wolf, although the thought still clouded my mind, and slipped the thin cover on me, which hurt more than expected.

Orion had noticed I was awake and had turned to face me, staying silent as he watched. I avoided eye contact with him as my feet touched the floor of the room, my bare legs exposed and the harsh scars on them on full display. 

Again I heard Orion as he sucked in a breath, but this time he didn't turn away and his eyes stayed on me.

The sheets beneath me crumpled as I gripped them, a sort of sneer taking over my face as I glared at Orion.

"Admiring your work?" I asked, bracing myself for the pain that came with standing up.

Orion shook his head and folded hid arms across his chest, a conflicting expression crossing his face.

I sighed, pushing myself off of the bed, but as soon as my hands had left the it I felt my legs give way and my body start to fall.

Orion rushed towards me, his arms quickly wrapping around my waist and pulling me to his chest.

"It's a lot easier to walk when you're fueled by anger." He muttered, referring to earlier in the morning. 

I froze as his fingers found the slip of skin around my waist, his arms pulling me impossibly closer.

Somehow, his head found my neck in the impossible position we were in, it was the first intimate thing we'd done as mates, and I was intregued to see were it would lead to, but that didn't mean I wanted to do it.

I tried to pull away from him. "What are you doing?" I hissed, gritting my teeth as a dull pain spread through my back.

Orion's grip tightened, his lips so close to my neck I could feel his breath fanning against it.

"Let me hold you." He whispered.

I closed my eyes, expelling air from my lungs and throwing the idea in my head. It wasn't too much of a choice, all I had to do was remind myself of the damage he'd done to my body, and I had made up my mind. 

"No."

I felt Orion shift his weight so he was more on top of me than I would've liked. I hissed, silently in pain as Orion traced something on my waist. My wolf sprang up at the foreign contact we were experiencing, her teeth bared and ready to he defensive if needed.

"I just want to hold you, ease your wolf." Orion muttered, his nose pressed to my neck. 

"Orion." I wheezed, the pain intensifying as he continued on.

I don't like this, get him off of you.

"Orion, I'll scream and the pack will come running." I warned him.

A deep rumbling sound came from deep within him, coming out of his mouth as a chuckle.

"I don't care, let them come."

"They'll think you tried to take me by force." I said, tears springing to my eyes as I struggled to wriggle out under him.

He gripped my wrists roughly, his eyes darkening as they flickered up to meet mine.

"Stay still." He growled, burying his face back in my neck.

"You're hurting me, get the fück off!" I shouted.

As soon as I'd said that, Orion cursed and jumped off of me, shaking his hands as if he'd burned them. 

"Alastrine, I-" He began.

"Never touch me again." I growled, hauling myself up and leaning on a wall.

He ran a hand down his face, sitting on the bed and putting his head in his hands.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." He said.

I scoffed. "You must've, it was probably the same thing that did this to me." I said, referring to the scars.

He growled. "I said I was sorry!"

"You think sorry's going to fix it?" I spat.

He stood up abruptly, his hands wrapping around a lamp and throwing it across the room.

"You think I don't realise what I've done?" He said, stalking towards me.

My breath hitched, my feet backing up to the wall as he got closer.

"You think it doesn't haunt me?" He said.

He closed his eyes again, shaking his hands, as he raised his arms to the sides of my head and trapped me. 

He opened his eyes again, his brown eyes watching mine for a reaction.

"I wish I could take back everything I did to you, and start again." He whispered.

"I wish you could to." I whispered back. 
I suddenly realised we were closer than comfort, but my wolf had done nothing to stop it, and before I could make a move to end it, Orion did something.

He did something I never thought I'd do with him. He did something that, in my heart I promised myself I would never do with him after he did what he did to me.

Orion kissed me.

-

Please don't hate me.

Fear not Alastrine lovers, the next chapter will be worthwhile. I garauntee you'll all be satisfied, but in the meantime tell me what you think
Shout out to queennadimah  for telling me at school to kill Orion off, thanks for that...

I forgot to check who voted first last chapter, but I promise I will find you and give you a shout out, along with who commented first.

Any theories for the next chapter?