Chapter 23

My wolf jolted me awake the next morning, her loud growls piercing my mind, her bristled fur prickling my skin.
He's here.

My eyes peeled open at the indirect mention of Orion, a fatigued sigh escaping my lips. I strained and gritted my teeth as I pulled myself up, surveying the room for any signs of movement.

But he wasn't there, nothing new except a glass of water and a pill.

Don't take it, show him how much he hurt us.

The shooting pain through my body was enough for me to reject the idea and take the medicine in a heartbeat, but the scars he inflicted ran deeper through my body, begging to show him what he did. 

He's outside the door, he's waiting

Waiting for what? For me to let him in? Because if it was up to me, I'd be as far away from him as possible.

A small knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts, directing my vision to the door that was slowly opening.

"If you know what's good for you, you won't come any further." I growled out.

The door stopped, but Orion's head peered round and at me, his brown eyes creased with an unreadable emotion.

"Did you take the-"

"Leave." I interupted.

His eyebrows creased into a slightly frustrated expression, like two juveniles play fighting. He overstepped his boundaries, pushing the door open and striding towards me.

"Listen, I know you probably hate right now-"

"Hate is a weak word, I fücking detest you." I seethed, interupting him again.
Expelling air from his nose, he shut his eyes for a few seconds and opened them again with his lips pursed. 

"I regret everything I did to you, and I wish I could go back and change everything. I know it's not enough for me to say sorry, but I hope we could start again."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

Orion shrugged, his muscles flexing as he shifted from one foot to the other.

"Dead serious." He confirmed.

I felt angry tears prick the corners of my eyes, but I utterly refused to cry in front of him; to show him the pain that coursed through my blood every time he insulted me. 

"Do you think I'm one of the weak females that would change her mind because you apologised?" I hissed.

"Alastrine, I-"

I gripped the sheets covering my body, fighting back the tears that were threatening to spill down my cheeks.

"Tell me, Orion, does an apology fix this?"

With that, I flung the sheets off me, exposing my bare legs and the scars that were littered across them.

It was a sight to behold, I felt worse about myself that I'd ever felt before. I felt sorry for whoever would have to look at me, I felt ashamed for my wolf that she had to hade such a scarred person.

Orion sucked in a breath and looked away. "Alastrine, I'm-"

"Look at me." I whispered.

Orion's head moved slightly to watch me, and his eyes darted down to my legs and back up again, before he shook his head and turned away.

"I...I can't." He muttered.

I, despite the dark situation, let out a humorous laugh and fell back onto the headrest. 

"You can't look at me," I growled, "You can't look at me?"

I jumped up, dashing over to him and pushing him back with all my might.

He was caught off guard, I supposed, and fell back onto the floor, immediately bouncing back up as if it were nothing.

But again he diverted his eyes, and I didn't know if it was because of his shame or disgust but it made my blood boil with anger.

"Look at me." I shouted at him, moving so I was parallel with his face.

"Look at me." I screamed.

I didn't care that half the pack house could probably hear me, I didn't care that I was exposing my vulnerable state to him and he wasn't doing a thing.

I closed my eyes, glancing down for a brief second at my legs, and grimaced as bile rose in my throat.

"Fück you." I seethed, turning away from him.

The truth of the matter was far greater than Orion and his wolf, it was far greater than what the other pack members would think, and Keiko, and Marcos, and Alistair...if I'd ever see him again.

I couldn't even look at myself

The daunting reality of it hit me like a ton of bricks, and I sunk to the floor crying with my knees pressed to my chest.

Orion stood for a while above me, and I felt the floor shift and thought he was leaving, but he did something even my wolf was suprised at.

He wrapped his arms around my body, pulled me to his chest, sank to the floor, and cried with me.

He cried with me.

-

First of all, before some of you go off on me about how I shouldn't make Alastrine forgive Orion, BACK UP AND WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. ;)

Shout out to WreKer20 and  AngelieLikesWolvesXD.

WreKer20: I loved your comments about Orion and how much of a retard he is, it really warmed my heart. ;)

AngelieLikesWolvesXD: I was supposed to give you a shout out ages ago and I forgot. :)
But on Chapter 20b you wrote an awesome comment, and I wanted to appreciate it. :)

To the rest of you, you're all awesome too and I love all the quirky and weird comments you leave.

I read all the comments, but if I don't reply It's probably because I'm sleeping.

Shout out to the first person who comments and leaves a like.

:)