Chapter Two

"Riley!" A familiar voice shouts. I tense up at the memories I share with this guy. The memories I wish I didn't share with this guy.

"Crap," I whisper in panic, " Chase!" I yell as Chase hugs me. This can't be anymore awkward for me. The guy is a stalker, like is legitimately my stalker.

"I've missed you Riley!" He says. I look over his shoulder and look in Nicks eyes for help.

"Well, you know I wouldn't have left if you wouldn't have tried to well, you know," I say as I push him off and Nick's little flame stops flickering and stays strong on his finger. It must indicate his emotions or something.

"Well, I love you and you just left," Chase says like it is the most true thing in the world and I swear I feel the heat off if Nick's fire. Nick is staring at the flame so intensely I'm surprised. His eyes are full of the beautiful flames and it reflects how my blood boils with anger.

"We never went out!" I finally yell in distress and the flame leaves like it relaxes him. Nick looks up at us with his sly grin.

"Ry, we need to go so we can train," Nick says as he slings his arm around me. His eyes look like the fire moved there. It is kinda scary to be honest. His eyes have a red orange flicker to them.

"Great! I have gym too," Chase says but Nick shoots him a glare. Nick clearly doesn't like Chase. Well, then again no one likes Chase.

"You moved here?" ask astonished. No! Please say no. Oh god. My stomach aches right now.

"Duh, you're my world Riley," he says like it is something everyone knows. He's following me across states now? What should I do?

"Bye Chase!" Nick calls out as he drags me off. Is he Jealous? "Obsessed much?" Nick whispers.

"You have no idea, he tried to do a bunch of crap back in Nebraska," I say shivering at the thoughts that flash through my mind. My skin crawling at the thoughts.

"That's so romantic that he jut had to follow you," Nick jokes taking his arm off.

"Thank you, I actually think he is jealous of you," I point out with a growing smile.

"Why?" He asks, clearly shocked.

"He might think you're my boyfriend... He knows I haven't had a boyfriend before," I shyly admit to him. Well, besides Chace's own sick daydreams of us my love life is pretty nonexistent. Being a paranoid spirit elemental doesn't always have its perks.

"Wow, forever alone," Nick teases while gently hitting my shoulder. I crack a small smile.

"But that's so lonely!" I yell as we walk in the gym. He laughs too as he pulls me with him. We go sit on the bleachers as the tardy bell rings. A group of kids rush in and sit down. The gym teacher, I think his name is Coach Yancy, comes in and look at his clip board.

"Riley Quinn, Chase Black Come here beside me," he orders. I get up and see Chase already beside him with an exciting look on his face. I walk down the bleachers to stand on the other side of Coach. He looks over his board once again.

"It doesn't show your elements," Coach Yancy groan and looks at each of us. This again?

"Water," Chase quickly adds. "Riley, you?" Coach asks. I lick my lips nervously. I glance at Nick who gives me a smile and two thumbs up. I can do this.

"Spirit," I say with an exhale of a deep breath. My nerves are terrible right now.

"Spirit! Great! Its been since 1980's for a Spirit barrier!" He says and claps his hands together for me.

"Yes, I know that," I growl out feeling more embarrassed then threatened.

"Make an orb. Both of you!" He says clearly excited. Well that's great because I'm just so good at making orbs! Not.