Chapter Seven

First thing I see is fire. First thing I feel is Nick pulling me behind him. First thing I smell is burned hair. First thing I hear is Ash's Uncle Zach scream in agony.  

"Stop!" I turn on Zach and I do the same thing earlier." You will go home and forget about coming here, and never remember," I say, hoping it will work this time.                      

He turns around and walks out. Then I fall let myself fall the ground, Nick pulls me into him and wraps his arms around me. In my confused state I realized I shouldn't have trusted them. They were edgy from the beginning.                                                                                   
"The fire is out." Josh states.                                                              
  "You to go to Josh's room I need to talk to Riley," Nick commands. I almost want to start to laughing about this.                                    

"Okay, and we will check windows and doors too." Cevin says, nods his head, and walks away.                                                             
 "Ry are you okay?" Nick asks once Cevin and Josh are gone. I think for a minute, about all the things that have happened since I've moved here. At first everything was almost perfect. What happened?                                                                       
 "I don't know," I honestly say. Nick picks me up and throws me over his shoulders. "What are you doing?" I scream.                                  

He doesn't answer and walks up the steps to my room. He throws me on the bed and lays down beside me. I sit up and look at him. He just has a smile on his face like nothing could go wrong.                                                                                                  
"Did you know everyone thought we were dating?" I ask. His eyes seem to be brighter but that can't be right.                                                           
"No, and you are too pretty for me I only attrack creepy people," He says. He says it with so much belief I almost believe it.                                               
"No, you are not! You are freaking hot." I say and then harshly close my mouth.                                                                                  
"Did Riley Quinn just call me hot? And what would give them the idea we are dating?" He asks. I give him a weird look.                                                      
"Because of the way you talk about me. And yes I did call you hot and you are." I say.

"Who's clothes are you wearing?" He asks looking down at my outfit.                                                                                     "Ash's. I'm going to get in the shower, you can stay in here, or go see the boys," I say pointing to the door.                         
 "I'll stay in here and wait for you," He says while moving hair out of his eyes.                               

I get up and grab a pair of sweat pants and a tank top. I lock the bathroom door and start the water. After I strip before I get in the shower. When Josh was little he would wear his clothes in the shower. After I wash up, I get out and get dressed.  

I walk out and all I see is a mess of dark red hair in my bed. I run and jump on him making him grunt and roll over. His golden eye are watching me with amusement. I lean down and he starts to lean up.  

 "Riley!" Josh says and I pull up away from Nick. I forgot the door was open.

"Did I interrupt something?" Josh asks with a slide smirk.                                                                         
 "No, I just got an eyelash in my eye," Nick lies. Really Nick? Good one.                                                                                   "Okay. Are you going to school tomorrow?" He asks as Nick gets out of my bed and stretches.

 " No, Riley is going to be sick and so am I. Tell Philex, and them to come over for a battle practice without Ash and Asher." Nick says and gives Josh a pointed look.                                                     
"Okay,we have a guess room or I could get you a blow up mattress and bring it to here."  Josh says.

" I'll sleep in the guess room." Nick says and both of them leave.                                                
 I can't believe me and Nick almost kissed! He also said it was an eyelash but still. I don't think I'm going to sleep for a long time. I turn on my radio and lay down. Is this gonna be weird now? I hope not. Nick was my first friend here. I don't know anything about this crap. I've never really had an experience like this just a creepy stalker.                                                                                                       Nick is completely different from Chase. Nick is nice and Chase is stalkerish. What gets me is how Nick acts around me. Its like he knows me. Like before I move here. Well, I shouldn't think about it.

a/n

Tell me what you think please! This book is maybe one of my favorites.