Chapter Thirteen

Chaptet thirteen

I quickly push myself off the ground before I run, much like a new born deer, to the fire in panic. Everyone turns towards me, probably hearing my loud stumbling and breathing. "Riley, your eyes are purple!" Gwen yells terrified. Do I scare them this bad?

"There was a m-man a-and I-I killed him," I stutter out. They quickly stand up and take defensive positions. I'm shaking so hard that I can hardly stand. More men in black come running at us.

Oh god, they'll hurt us. Maybe the will even kill us, I mean we don't have any idea who they are. I can't let them hurt us.

I take a calming breath, pushing aside how cold and terrified I am, and I move my hands in front of me. I try to grab at all of their souls. All I feel is peoples life lines and their souls, all are awaiting my next move. All of a sudden white, black, and purple spirits rise up out of the ground. They go into the other men to devour their souls. Am I doing this?

That's really the only explanation there is for all that is happening. No one else could do this. Maybe I truly am a monster.

They all fall to the ground one at a time. "Hurry we need to move!" Parker yells. Everyone runs around while grabbing bags and tents. I just stand there shaking and trying to calming myself down. I clasp my hands together to try to still myself. My body is shaking so badly right now, and I can't tell if it's from the encounter with the man, trying to hurt so many people or the cold. I am almost to shaky to move.

"Come on," Gwen says as she pulls me at a run. Everyone runs up the mountain where it seems to quickly turn from spring to winter. The path narrows until there is only room for one person at the time to walk. Gwen let me go so that she could use her hands to help her walk. Ben is behind me, when every now and then he would put his hand on my back to help steady me. My legs ache as we push through the snow on the ground. It feels so cold. My knees buckle as the cold gets too much. I hit the freezing snow making me feel so much worse.

"Are you alright?" Ben asks as he helps me up by grabbing the back of my shirt and yanking me up. My clothes are now slightly damp from the snow.

I nod my head in answer and keep going. We walk on this narrow path for a while. Ben stops to let Parker infront of him. If Parker was behind me then who is up front?

"Wh-Who's leading?" I ask. My teeth are chattering and my body seems to start to go numb.

"Nick," Parker says quickly. It seems as if my shock slowly washes away as the realization of me killing real people hits me. I sucked their souls out of their bodies. Oh my god! I'm a murder.

I shake my head trying to banish these thoughts from my head. I wrap my arms around me as snow pelts down from the sky making me groan. I stumble then fall again but Parker catches me. He pulls me up but my legs won't move. He then wraps his arms around my legs and picks me up like a bride while letting out a small grunt while I let out a surprised shriek.

The path start widens and Parker walks faster. "Nick stop!" Parker yells as he tightens his grip on me.

Nick doesn't listen and keeps walking. Parker cusses under his breath as I shiver. "You're so cold Riley," he mutters to me.

I don't answer because my mouth won't move. I take in a sharp breath which seems like I'm inhaling tiny icicles. My body is so cold I even feel my blood which seems cold as well.

"Nick whatever has you acting like a jerk drop it! She will freeze to death! She used to much of her element she might die," Parker yells walking up to Nick who has stopped walking.

"Give her to me and set up a tent," Nick orders while holding his arms out.

Ben is the one setting up a tent for us. Once Parker transfers me to Nick he holds me tight against himself. When it is set up Nick climbs in with me. He takes of his shirt, shoes, socks, and pants. He does the same to me leaving only my bra and underwear.

He pulls a blanket on us as he rubs my arms to warm me up. I feel his body temperature rise. I feel heat radiating off of him and my body warms. I slowly drift to sleep.

"Riley don't go. I need you," I hear Nick whisper in my dream.