Chapter Four

"Ash, I've missed you brother," the strange boy yells again as he walks to the boys on the field.

"Asher! You're back, I didn't know you were coming back today or I would have got someone to get you," Ash say clearly happy and over his surprise.

"I thought my twin brother would like this surprise. Uncle Zach said he thought I should be down here with you," Asher says. I walk down the bleachers and stand beside Ash.

"You have a twin?" Nick asks stunned of this new knowledge. How come he didn't know Ash had a twin but he knew that other personal stuff?

"Duh, we look just alike," Ash deadpans.

"Who is this girl who is hiding behind you all?" Asher asks nodding his head at me.

"This is Riley Quinn, she is a little shy at first," Ash answers as he pulls me in front of him so Asher can get a good look at me. I frown at this move.

"Let me guess. Spirit, you're hair is a dead give away," Asher points out. I touch my purple locks suddenly feeling self conscious under his gaze.

"Asher don't," Ash warns once he notices my fidgeting.

"I wonder what makes you mad?" He hums out as he starts to think. He lets out a soft chuckle. "You can't make an orb can you?" Asher asks, clearly trying to make me mad. Why though?

"I can," I state as I tug on a strand.

"HA! I bet you don't know how to remember what you are capable of. I hear you have a faulty memory," Asher teases. Did Ash tell him about that? Why would he do that? Asher succeeds in making me angry but it isn't that. It's a twang if betrayal of the trust I've been giving out too easily.

"You're a dick. I bet you don't know how you ended up in New York," I snap. How do I even know how he got there? I shouldn't know anything about him. I turn lean in and whisper in his ear," Or that I can make you wish you were dead with giving your worst fear,"

"That is what I thought would happen Quinney!" He shouts excitedly. I want to punch him for calling me that.

"Don't call me that," I hiss out between my clenched teeth. I then bite my lip.

"But I've always called you Quinney!" He shouts. What does he mean?

"I don't know you!" I scream in annoyance.

"I'm sorry. I'll behave better Ash," Asher says suddenly.

"Asher you need help," Ash mutters.

"You know I'm all sorts of messed up."

I grab my stuff before going in the girls bathroom to change in my gym clothes. When I walk back out the group of boys are watching me in confusion. "What?" I ask.

"Why did you change?" Nick asks.

"Because I want a sparring sparring buddy and sparring is good for mental and physical health," I explain. I know this because my mom studies barrier action and health.

"What?" Ash asks.

"My mom Wendy Quinn is the best scientist of element barriers study," I state proudly with a smile on my face.

"What does that have to do with me being messed up?" Asher asks as he frowns. I roll my eyes.

"It helps expand your mind and make yourself more flexible. Any mental health problems you may have can be helped better with sparring then with pills. For example, a barrier who has anger issues, but doesn't tell people about the anger, it helps with the element expansion. So me and Asher are going to spar."