Chapter Three

"I'm fine, I just need to eat," I lie to the group of stunned guys, who keep looking at me like I've grown a second head. I have been trying to calm them down for a while now but I haven't succeeded.  I am trying to hide how unnerved I really am.

"Ok, fine eat a whole pizza!" Josh yells as he runs upstairs. Someone is being a little dramatic.

I start to eat and Nick is watching me like a hawk. I swear anytime I move he flinches. Nick looks and Ash look paler than before. Wait, Ash looks drained. What's wrong with them?

"Are you two okay? You both look really pale," I ask. They both just nod their heads.

"Yes, we are." Ash answers in a gruff whisper. His toxic green eyes never once leave me.

"Could we?" Nick asks not completing his sentence. He looks rather disgruntled. He runs his hand through his already messy hair.

"No," Ash confirms rather harshly knowing what he meant. I'm glad he did but well, I don't.

"It's about time to leave," Philex says as he gets up and and says his goodbyes before leaving. When Nick is the only one left I finally let my nerves show through. I just feel more safe with him around.

"Can I stay over tonight? It's just you're weak right now from that stunt," he mumbles sheepishly. Did he really just ask that? I don't know if I should feel glad that I've found a friend who cares about me so quickly or a little disturbed that it's only been a day.

"Josh and Cevin are here, I'll be fine." I say as I push him out the door. He looks back at me clearly worried for me so, I smile at him before shutting the door.

I go to my room, get some PJs then, I go to the bathroom that connects mine and Josh's room. I lock both doors before I take a long much needed hot shower. I think back to the long day I've just had and what stunt I just pulled. How did I do that? Are they scared of me now? I take a deep breath as I lay my head against the wall of the shower with a sigh. Do my parents know? What was Nick hinting at with Ash? God, Riley you need to chill. "Riley hurry up you're gonna use all the hot water!" Josh yells snapping me out of my daze.

"Give me a minute!" I shout back and quickly wash myself. I turn off the water and get out. I put my clothes on but my hair is still wet, soaking the clothes.

I go into my room where Cevin is waiting for Josh since he is getting in the shower. Cevin is at least five foot seven and his short hair is dirty blonde, a bit on the browner side. His brown eyes have flecks of green that seem to make them muddy. Cevin has a more boyish charm to him and a naturally funny aurora to him.

"You never told me your element," I try to converse with my brothers friend. I honestly don't know much about him.

"Earth," he says but there's this lingering to how he says it. It is like he wants to say more but he isn't sure.

"What is it?"

"You can't tell anyone. Not even Josh." Cevin lowly says as all jokiness leaves him. Since I've meet this boy, he has never been serious. 

"I promise," I say trying to express my sincerity to him. I hold my pinky out to him making a small faint smile appear as he takes it in his own pinky. 

"I can also control fire," he whispers as he makes a fire flame on his finger tips and a small flower bloom in his other hand.

"Are you serious?" I ask as this chill goes through my body. I wrap my arms around me as I sit on my bed beside him watching the flame vanish and the flower wilt to nothing. He nods his head as a scared look is plastered on his face. I clear my throat trying to find a way to make things better. "Sweet! That's awesome! Who all knows?" No one has ever been able to do this before, at least no one has claimed to. I just did but that doesn't matter right now. Cevin knowing he can trust me is what matters.