Chapter Twenty-three

I sit straight up breathing hard. My clothes and hair are stuck to me from all of the sweat. Eli is still asleep but Tina, Joey, and Nick are at the end of the bed.

"Have I been replaced?" Nick asks and I just get up and go in the bathroom but leaving the door open. I fill the sink with ice cold water and put my head in it. After a minute or less I pull my head out.

  I walk back into the room and sit on the bed. "What's wrong?" Tina asks.

"Dreams suck!" I say.

"Oh and you blew Nicks question in the water because?" Joey asks.

"He wouldn't understand," I say and walk out. I just walk around thinking about last night. I mean what's wrong with Nick? He just blew me off last night.

"That sucks for you," someone says and I jump.

"Hey!" I scream.

"Oh dear cousin you haven't changed." A boy says. His hair is black and his eyes look black but have a small silver ring on the pupils.

"Who are you? I'm sorry but I can't remember things but some people or most I can't," I say.

"Allan, but you called me Alla." He says.

"Wait did I say that out loud? About Nick?" I ask.

"Yes you did," he says.

"That sucks." I mutter.

"How have you been?" He asks.

"Great?" I say. He has his hair pulled back in a small, low ponytail.

Light Absorber!

"Shut up!" I whisper.

"What?" He asks.

Light Absorber! Light Absorber! Light Absorber! Light Absorber!

Ligh-

"Shut up! I have no clue of what you are saying so leave me alone unless you want to tell me something important!" I shout.

"Ugh?" Allan says.

Light Absorber!

"What is a Light Absorber! Tell me!" I scream.

"Riley?" Allen asks.

Light Absorber! Light Absorber!

"Shut up! Leave me alone!" I scream.

Light Absorber!

  I take off running. I run to my room and slam the door shut. I put my hands on my ears and slide down the door. Joey, Tina, and Nick are still here.

"Riley! Riley are you okay? Riley!" Allan shouts knocking on the door.

"Riley what's wrong?" Tina asks squating down beside me.

"It won't shut up! Light Absorber what is that?" I yell.

"Riley it's gone," Tina says.

"Riley! God you just yell at me and run off!" Allan says from the other side of the door.

"Who's that?" Nick asks.

"I think it's Allan Austin." Joey says and the lights flicker.

"Riley are you okay?" Allan asks.

"Yes! She is!" Nick says.

"She just yelled at me about a Light Aborber and ran off!" Allan says.

"You didn't hear him?" I ask and stand up.

"Riley we were the only ones in the hall!" Allan says and opens the door.