Chapter Ten

Im currently packing clothes which I honestly hate. I hated doing it when we lived and I hate doing it just as much now. I fold my clothes and put them into the bag. Nick and Ben are with the rest down stairs making a plain and watching the news. I go to my closet thinking about something my father gave me. Do I still have it? I feel the top self for the knife my dad gave years ago for protection. When I feel it I yank it making boxes fall ontop of me.
I make a very unhuman noise of surprise before standing up. Beside me is the knife which sticking into the ground inches from my head. Well, I almost decapitated myself."Yeah let's run away to keep Riley safe. Ha, they need to keep me safe from myself," I mumble as I get the knife.

I look at the boxes which are full of pictures, why I don't just get a picture book I don't know. I put them back in the box before putting the knife in the bag as well. I then go to my parents room to see if they have any more knives that we could use. We need all the protection we can get, we have no idea what we will run across. I decide to look through the desk and dad's computer things. I look at it and open the top of it.

To Arnold: Is you daughter, the Spirit barrier doing good? Improving?

I stare at the message, unfamiliar with the username. I sit in the chair and look at the message again. Who is this guy? I let my hands hover over the keyboard and think of what type.

From Arnold: Yes, she is doing good and improving little to nothing.

To Arnold: New friends?
From Arnold: Yes, Nick Richards and a few more.

To Arnold: Good his caregiver is on our side. Has she figured out she isn't your real daughter? The Searchers will never know. Bye for know my loyal servant!
I sit there looking at the short conversation in confusion. I read it over and over again. I can't believe they aren't my parents. Why didn't they ever tell me?

"Riley! Come down here now!" Nick yells snapping me out of my trance. I run down the stairs to find that the t.v is on. "The Prince is making an announcement! First time ever!" Philex says in an exiting tone. The castle shows up where there are millions of people waiting to hear the news in person. A boy walks out. His eyes are purple which is the same color as the tips of his hair. He has a crown of gold on.

"Hello my people and my friends, I am here to bring horrible news. My sister the princess is missing and I can't wait much longer. Whoever has taken her please bring her back, you have robbed her of her rights and a true family. She will be seventeen soon and I wish to spend our birthday together like twins should, I want my sister back now! Along with this tragic news of our princess is that one of our Lords and an adviser to the king, his son has gone missing too. Lord Nicholas the fourths son to be specific. We just want our people back we will pay the price of millions of who finds the two so hurry please I just want my sister back," The boy says. His face full of sorrow and despair. The crowd around him is silent at the horrible news. No one has seen the princess in years and somehow someone kidnapped her?

"You know I've wondered, why is there so many twins?" Ben says after a few minutes. I shake my head liking the new distraction Ben has given me.

"There has to be a dominant element but a lot of times there is not one element able to take control so it splits in to two babies, one with the other power. It's unexplainable of why the twins would have the same element and that is extremely rare," I explain while playing with my hair.