Chapter 3

As soon as you got home you were beat by your father for being late. As soon as he was done you went to your room and took care of your wounds. That night you had a nightmare.

Time Skip

Today you had gymnastics with Mr. Cross, astrology with Mr. Dream, ate lunch with your friends and got their phone numbers, history with Mr. Nightmare, and Biology with Mr. Papyror.

 Papyror

     You were heading to the library when something hit the back of your head hard

You were heading to the library when something hit the back of your head hard. Tripping you landed on your hands and knees. While sitting there you heard laughter. You felt yourself tearing up and forced yourself not to cry. Looking behind you, you saw it was the jocks. All of them were laughing but Paperjam. He looked conflicted. All you did was frown at them then turned and started walking to the library again. They stopped laughing seeing as they didn't get the reaction they wanted.
"Hey! Get back here nerd!" The blue fish lady or Undyne as you learned yelled. You just ignored her and entered the library. Looking back they seemed to be considering following you but after looking behind you they seemed to reconsider and left. Looking behind you Goth looked to you looking innocent but you knew it was him who scared them off.
"Hey Goth!" You said as you walked up to him. Goth blushed and smiled back.
"Hello (Y/N), are you alright? I saw what happened." Goth asked worriedly.
"I'm alright. I'm going to go do my homework now." You said to Goth who just nodded while you walked to your corner. After about a hour of doing homework and listening to music you finished. You sighed and stretched. Getting up you grabbed the book from last time and sat back down. By the time you had finished it the clock said it was closing time.
"Looks like I don't have to pull you out of your book this time." Goth teased causing you to chuckle. You stood and returned the book.
"Well I guess I'll be heading home now." You said glancing at the clock.
"Ok. Will I see you tomorrow?" Goth asked hopefully.
"Yep, I'll most likely be here everyday." You said smiling at him making him blush.
"Great!" Goth said happily.
"Well goodbye." You said waving as you left the library. As you got home you saw your dad asleep on the couch so you avoided beer bottles and went to your room. As soon as you entered you closed and locked your door. After changing into your pajamas you went to bed.
Today was the day of the singing test. After taking a shower and putting on clothes you walk into the kitchen to fix your father breakfast. Once you finished cooking you snuck yourself some food, ate, then left for school. When you arrived you still had some time before class so you started walking around the school ground. As you were walking you were passing by some bushes when you heard rustling. Looking in the bushes you spotted a kitten curled up scared. Knowing that if you were to try and comfort the kitten you would be late, you chose to stay.
Sitting down you sat crisis cross and watched the kitten. After a short while the kitten seemed to look at you curiously. Giving the kitten a smile you held out a hand making sure not to startle the kitten. The kitten slowly walked up to your hand and smelled it. After a minute of sniffing the kitten rubbed against your hand. Slowly you picked up the kitten and put them in your lap. They curled up and started purring. As you pet them you heard the late bell ring. Sighing you knew you had to leave. You picked up the kitten gently and set them down. They looked at you sadly.
"Sorry kit, I got to go but I'll be back." You said giving the kitten a farewell pet. The kitten seemed to understand because it went back to the bush as you stood up and left. As you arrived at art you hesitated before opening the door. Mr. Ink looked at you and nodded before going back to teaching. Walking to you seat you felt everyone staring at you. Soon enough though they stopped all except one person. Looking around you spotted Paperjam watching you. You didn't even know you had the same class as him. Ignoring him you listened to Mr. Ink teach.

Time Skip

When music class ended you stayed behind to do your singing test. Afterwords you left and pulled out your phone.

You: hey al not going to be at lunch today sry
Alphy: ok '^' ttyl
You: ok see ya

As you put away your phone you started walking towards were you found the kitten. You felt like you were being followed but shrugged it off. When you arrived as soon as you sat down you were 'tackled' by the kitten. Petting the kitten you heard footsteps coming your way. Looking up you saw it was Paperjam. You held onto the kitten protectively as he neared. He stopped when he noticed the kitten.
"Do you need something?" You asked calmly. Paperjam shook his head no.
"I was curious as to why you were late." He said looking at the kitten. He reached forward to pet the kitten but the kitten swatted his hand and run into the bushes. Paperjam sighed sadly. Smiling you grabbed his arm and pulled him down into a sitting position. He glared at you and was about to speak when you put a finger to your lips. You held out his hand towards the bush and waited. He was about to pull back when the kitten poked their head out. Keeping his hand still the kitten walked over to the hand and started sniffing. Looking at Paperjam he was staring at the kitten bewildered. Giggling slightly you looked back to the kitten to see them rubbing their head against Paperjam's hand. Slowly you moved his hand and rested it on the kitten's head.
"Go ahead, pet." You said calmly and quietly. Paperjam looked to you then the kitten. He slowly started to pet the kitten. Paperjam's smile widened as he pet the kitten.
"I've never been able to pet an animal before, they always run away." Paperjam said quietly. You smiled kindly at him.
"When interacting with animals you have to be patient and quiet." You said wisely. Paperjam looked at you and chuckled making you confused.
"What?" You asked curiously.
"You aren't as bad as I thought you were." Paperjam said jokingly. You and Paperjam spent the remainder of lunch playing with the kitten. You were glad that the kitten got you a new friend.