Chapter 4

It was the end of gym when Paperjam came up to you and started talking to you. You mostly listened while he told you stories, some even making you laugh. Everyone was looking at you like you were a mythical creature. It was probably because you were being all friendly with a jock even though you are considered a nerd. You waved goodbye to PJ, as you now call him, after getting his number. As you were walking through the halls people were staring at you some jealous some curious. You just ignored them as you made it to the library. Entering you saw Goth speaking to someone.

     Allowing them space you walked over to your corner and started working on your homework while listening to music

     Allowing them space you walked over to your corner and started working on your homework while listening to music. About halfway through your history essay someone tapped your shoulder. Looking up you saw it was the skeleton Goth was talking to.
     "Hello!" He said as you paused your music and took off your headphone.
     "Hello." You said setting your headphones down.
     "My name's Palette, what's yours?" Palette asked happily while holding out his hand.
     "(Y/N)." You said shaking his hand.
     "Well (Y/N), I heard you were becoming close with PJ. Is that correct?" Palette asked evilly.
     "I think of him as a friend if that's what your asking." You said confused.
     "Would you date PJ?" Palette asked. As he asked that you heard a book drop behind you. Looking backwards you saw Goth picking up the book before looking at you shyly.
     "Well?" Palette asked leaning closer.
     "I don't know if I'm ready for dating." You said shrugging. Palette looked sadly at Goth who appeared to be disappointed. You were confused as to why Goth would be disappointed by your answer.
     "What if someone admitted their undying love to you? Would you date them?" Palette asked determined.
     "Maybe, depends on the person." You admitted. Palette beamed and then proceeded to grab a blushing Goth and ran into the library office. You blinked as you tried to comprehend what happened. Shaking your head you decided to continue working on your essay.

Time Skip

     By the time you finished the essay you noticed it was an hour past closing time meaning two things. One, Goth and Palette have been in the library office for quite awhile now and two, you were late. Quickly putting away everything you started to rush to the door. Just as you were about to grab the handle Goth and Palette came out and looked at you.
     "Where are you going?" Palette asked confused.
     "Home." You said pointing at the clock. Goth and Palette looked and when they saw the time they started to rush to get home too. Opening the door you were about to step out when Goth called out to you.
     "Wait!" Goth said causing you to turn around confused.
     "Yeah?" You asked tilting your head to the side cutely making Goth blush. Palette gave Goth a thumbs up encouragingly.
     "I-uh... Never mind I'll tell you tomorrow." Goth said as Palette face palmed.
     "Ok?" You said confused as you left. As you walked home you couldn't help but think of what your father will do to you this time. You snapped out of your thoughts when you saw you were at your house. You opened the door as quietly as possible. Stepping inside you saw your father asleep on the couch again. You snuck your way past beer bottles and you were almost in the clear when you stepped on a creaky floorboard. Cursing out the floorboard in your head you didn't notice your father getting up until he called your name. Freezing you looked up to see your father glaring at you with hatred.
     "So why didn't you tell me you were going to a monster school." Your father spit out with disgust.
     "Because you would be mad." You answered honestly.
     "Of course I'm mad. And not only did you not tell me you were going to a school like that you're also late." Your father growled out. You started shaking. You didn't see it coming until it was to late. You were knocked to the floor from a punch to the face. You were then kicked repeatedly. You laid there waiting for it to be over. Once he was done he left to his room. It hurt to get up but you did anyways. Walking to your room you patched yourself up and went to sleep.
     Waking up you were sore. Walking into the bathroom to take a shower you saw you had a black eye. Sighing you took a shower, put on clothes, and dried you hair. Once you hair was dry you styled your bangs to cover your black eye. After making sure your hair would stay you made your father breakfast. Grabbing your bag you snuck yourself breakfast and went to school.