Chapter 5

It was lunch time and you were so far lucky, no one noticed you had a black eye. Some people were suspicious but after telling them that you wanted to try a new look they left you alone. Some didn't buy it but they never pushed. Right now you were playing with the kitten. Hearing footsteps you looked up to see PJ walking over. You smiled and waved hello. He didn't wave hello back making your smile fall. PJ then sat next to you and looked at you worriedly.
     "Are you alright?" PJ asked concerned.
     "Yeah. Why?" You asked looking back to the kitten.
     "Hey (Y/N), look at me." PJ said suspiciously. Looking at him you didn't expect him to brush your hair aside. You quickly pulled away fixing your hair as PJ stared at you shocked.
     "What happened? Who do I need to beat up?" PJ asked threateningly.
     "Everything's fine, and it's no one you know." You said as you sadly pet the kitten who was trying to get your attention.
     "It's not fine. You have a black eye!" PJ exclaimed. Sighing you looked away.
     "Please just drop it." You begged. PJ sighed but dropped it. You two spent the rest of the time playing with the kitten with PJ stealing glances at you every now and then. When the bell rang you stood and were about to head to your next class when PJ grabbed you arm.
     "Hey, be careful." PJ said letting go of your arm and walking off. You waved bye smiling a sad smile. The rest of the day was the same with people being suspicious. It was now the end of the day and you had just entered the library. Goth looked up from the book he was reading and smiled seeing you but frowned worriedly seeing you covering one eye. You waved hello while walking to your corner. You started pulling out your homework when Goth was suddenly in front of you. Jumping slightly you looked up to see him looking at you worriedly. You looked back down and continued setting up.
     "(Y/N)." Goth said sternly. You tensed and looked up to see Goth looking at you softly.
     "Yeah?" You asked nervously.
     "Why are you covering your eye?" Goth asked worriedly.
     "I thought I would look cute like this." You lied looking away. It was as if he could smell the bullshit.
     "That's a lie." Goth said making you tense even more.
     "No it's not." You lied fiddling with your pencil.
     "(Y/N), what's wrong?" Goth asked sitting next to you trying to look at your face.
     "Nothing's wrong." You answered still looking away. Goth grabbed your chin gently and made you face him.
     "Stop lying and tell me what's wrong please." Goth begged looking into your eyes. You couldn't seem to look away. Sighing you moved your bangs revealing you black eye. Goth gasped slightly as he let go of your chin and lightly touched your eye.
     "What happened?" Goth asked concerned.
     "I'd rather not talk about it." You said sadly. Goth sighed and did something unexpected. He hugged you. You were shocked you never really got hugs so you didn't really know what to do. After a minute of awkward hugging he let go and held you at arms length.
     "You know you can tell me anything." Goth said kindly. You felt like you should tell him about the abuse but kept quiet and nodded. Goth let go quickly and blushed realizing what he just did.
     "Hey Goth." You started.
     "Yeah?" Goth asked.
     "Thanks." You said giving him a hug catching him by surprise. Releasing him you smiled and started pulling out your homework leaving Goth stunned. Seeing as Goth was still stunned after you got everything set up you waved your hand in front of his face snapping him out of whatever thoughts he was in.
     "You alright there?" You asked concerned. Goth blushed and nodded. Seeing nothing wrong with him you started on your homework. After awhile Goth went back to work. Working on your homework you kept thinking back to the hug. It's the first hug you've had in awhile. Glancing at Goth every now and then you saw he too was distracted. You didn't know what was distracting him but wanted to find out. Walking up to Goth you tapped his shoulder scaring him.
     "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. But that aside are you alright? You seem distracted." You asked as Goth turned around to face you.
     "Yes I'm fine. Just thinking about something." Goth said shyly.
     "If you say so." You said. You were about to turn around when you remembered something.
     "Hey Goth, what did you want to tell me yesterday?" you asked making Goth freeze up.
     "Well, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out Saturday." Goth said nervously.
     "Sure." You said happily. You usually stayed locked in your room during the weekends so it would be nice to get out. Goth beamed at your answer.
     "Great well how about we trade numbers so I can give you the details later." Goth said excitedly. You pulled out your phone while Goth pulled out his. After trading numbers you got a text from Goth saying hello making you giggle.
     "Well I better go finish my homework." You said as you started to head back to your corner.
     "Ok, good luck." Goth said going back to work. You were excited for the weekend.