17

Hazel

I stayed with Ryan for a week, then 2 weeks and before I knew it,it was almost the end of the third week.

I met a lot of people,went out a lot for dinners with his colleagues,had a lot of encounters with the media. Everyone wanted to know how we met and started dating ever since Ryan and other stuff.

As the days passed by though,the hollow in me increased. Not getting to work made me notice Louie's absence even more. I cried at night and tried my best to look okay in the day. Even within all my hidden pain,I found myself bonding with Ryan in a different kind of way.

He always looked out for me when we were out,he tried to get certain things out of me but I was still having issues opening up just like that. I knew he was trying his best with Louie's case,I saw the looks on his face whenever Liam came around. But it didnt stop me from crying whenever I was left alone. Vee tried her best to keep me company when she could but she still had her life to live.

Right now,I was at another interview with Ryan in his office. I didn't really plan for it so I was dressed in my normal jeans,white crop top and pink flats and a black little purse.

Ryan had just called me to come over and that he would send a driver over to take me to his company,ALS.

As we drove through the streets of New York, I saw a shop which sells boys clothes.

Maybe I should check that out for Louie. I thought.

"James stop the-"I stopped my own voice.

"Where miss? "the driver asked.

"Never mind" I said as I brushed a drop of tear off my eyelash. The way the pain hit me at times like these hurt,it hurt so badly.

It was a large building. Is there any building that I've gone to in the past few days that wasn't large? I was living a princess life and I almost hated it,especially the fact that I was without Louie,my reason for doing this in the first place. I promised myself that in no time, I would be out of Ryan's house. Once I find Louie and this contract is over,I'll be sure to leave.

The company had about 15 floors and it was really nice.It had nice flowers and trees like the ones at Ryan's.

I entered the building with everyone giving me strange looks of course.Everyone was dressed officially except me. I guess I was looking like the odd one out.

I walked to the reception and met the receptionist. It was a black haired African-american.

"um....hey"I said calling her attention from her computer.

"Hey there"she said. "And you must be Hazel Kennels,if I'm not mistaken"she said extending her hand.

I shook it smiling. "Yep, I sure am" I replied.

"I'm Sheila,the receptionist here"she said "Mr Ryan is waiting for you and please put on some shades before you get there"

"Shades? "I ask as she pushes me towards the elevator.

"10th floor! "she says before the elevator closes.

I shrugged off what she'd told me,I had no sunglasses with me and why would I be putting on shades indoors? I got to the tenth floor, There was only one door so I didn't have to ask which one was his office.

I moved to where the door was and opened it and immediately I did,I truly regretted not taking Sheila's advice to wear shades.

Immediately I stepped into the office, lights flashed at me making me flinch. They just kept taking more and more pictures.