24

Hazel

     I got back to the sitting room and after taking my dosages and continued watching the TV. Lately,I was fighting with my mind over numerous things,my thoughts kept me on the edge.

     Now I'd survived the surgery,I thought more about Louie and surprisingly,Ryan. Each time I did,my sides hurt even more and my heart ached.

      I found myself wanting to be something more with Ryan despite the sorrow I was in without my brother. Where was he? I could never stop myself from shedding a tear of two everytime the thoughts attacked me.

    Suddenly,my phone beeped.

   I swiped it open to see a message from Ryan.

  Come to Monteggos,Room 131. I'll be waiting.

-Ryan.

    Why would he tell me to come to Monteggos? I was confused for a minute as I stared at the message. I couldnt even move around properly yet.

    I called Vee up because there was no way I was going out if this mansion alone,not after what happened last time and in the condition I was in.

    "Why the late call? "she said as she buckled her seat belt.

    "Nothing much, let's go to Monteggos "I said as she drove out of the drive way.

    "Why? "she asked.

    "Ryan called me up, he said I should meet him at Monteggos "I said hiding my gaze from hers because I knew she would start giving me those googly eyes.

    "Oh....so Ryan called you up...to Monteggos"she said in a slow is that really it kinda voice.

    "Just drive Vee"I said as I kept thinking of what could have made Ryan call me up. I thought he had some work? Why Monteggos?

   We got there finally I climbed down and went straight into Monteggos. I looked around as I walked towards the reception,such a classy hotel for whatever meeting this was going to be.

     "Room 131 please "I asked the receptionist.

    "12th floor on the right,its already taken though"she said smiling which I returned.

     "I'm aware,I was invited" I told her.

     "Okay,go ahead then"

      I got on the twelfth floor and started searching for the room.When I found it, I have to say I was too quick to turn the door knob which I considered a very bad decision.

     My heart skipped a beat as the image before me settled on my eyes. There it was,Britney and Ryan.....kissing? My eyes kept twitching as my hand slowly slid off the door knob and my breath became erratic. My head pounded, my chest grew heavy and my sides stung as I took slow stealthy steps backwards.

   Britney was on her normal red short revealing straight gown, her blonde straight hair let down...her.......is this really the time to be explaining this?

   I was so perplexed. Is this what he wanted to do? Save me then hurt me? I don't know why but I was suddenly feeling the world's whole weight on me, my castles crashing right before my eyes. My heart hurt so much I thought it was going to pop out.

    I knew it was inevitable, tears stung as my vision became blurry. Why did this little action hurt me more than it should have? I tried to hold my tears as I turned on my heels and jogged out of the building.

    "Hazel! Hazel! "I heard Vee call my name as I ran out of the building and into the rain. I ignored her totally. I could neither stop my tears or the pain that was seeping through me from the side of my torso. I held myself as I ran,feeling like I was literally dividing into two,inside and out.