19

Hazel

   You have less than a month left,Hazel......I suggest you do the operation. Dr. Trev's voice rang in my head as I walked down the hospital corridor....tears choking me.

   What would happen to Louie?If I leave who would care for him.....but still,I do not want to go through with this operation....it'll be better if I leave. I haven't done anything for Louie until now,I even got him kidnapped. If I survived....Nothing would change,there would be no guarantee that I would find him and...I wouldn't be able to give him a better life....its better I leave.....yeah.....

     I wiped my face of my tears,much too engulfed in thoughts I didn't know when I bumped into someone losing my balance.

   "I'm sorry....are you okay?" a familiar voice came in and a hand stabled me.

    "Hazel?" the voice asked as I looked up to see Liam.

    "Liam....its so good to see you...what are you doing here?" I asked trying to hide the medical report behind me as I hid my face too,wiping it dry of any left over tears.

     "I came to see my grandma,she has pneumonia,what about you?" He asked.

     "Oh....um....well...I came to see a close friend" I lied pushing a strand of hair behind.

    "Oh...."

  "So I'll be on my way" I said leaving. I had to escape before he quizzed me more,the urge which I found in his orbs.

    "Yeah,later" he said as he started moving away.

  Phew.....that was close.

   Suddenly, I heard my phone ring and I searched for my phone in my purse, finally finding it and answering the call after checking the callers ID.

     "Hey Vee"I said picking up trying not to sound too low.

    "Hey Zel! "her cheerful voice came in.  "Whats up?"she asked as I walked towards the bus stop.

    "Heading home, you? "I asked sitting on the bench.

    "I'm free tonight,what do you say we have a sleep over? "she asked.

   "You bored of going out with Liam already? "I teased.

    "Oh shut up! "she yelled making me laugh. I could picture her cheeks going red from the other side of the phone.

    "So tonight by six,alright bye! "she yelled into the phone before hanging up.

    "But-"I was stopped by the beeping sound of my phone showing she had hung up.