Chapter Nine

Pure horror was my first reaction when those closet doors flew open. I didn't want Colt to be in trouble, and I definitely didn't want to be in trouble.

But to my surprise, when Tom turned on the light, Colt was no where to be seen. I smiled in victory, thinking of Narnia.

"See? No one but my lonesome self, Tom," I smiled. "Now, if you excuse me, I've got a book to read."

Tom turned to face me, his face beat red, veins pulsing, and his fists clenched. A spike of fear ran through me, if he dared lay a hand on me I knew Colt would come out of his hiding spot. "You! You think your so clever, don't you? I know he's here. If I catch him, you'll get an earful from your dearest mother," with that he left, leaving a feeling of fear in his wake.

A few minutes later, I closed and locked my door, going to the closet and whispering for Colt to come out.

He did, falling ungracefully to my floor. From the top rack of clothes.

"How the hell did you fit up there?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It doesn't matter, what matters is that he didn't see me." Colt smirked, "Not to mention that I could hear you blushing."

"You couldn't possibly hear that!" I lovingly punched his shoulder, "When will you take this seriously?"

"When I need to," he shrugged. "When your in trouble, I'll be there to protect you, Ali."

"Really?" I asked softly, unused to the feeling I was feeling. What was it? My heart swelled, nobody but Chloe had ever said that they'd protect me.

"With my life."

Tears filled my eyes, blurring my vision. Wow, what an emotional wreck I was.

"I think I love you, Alice-Mae," admitted Colt, who before that day when we first met, never knew I existed until I ran into him.

"Y-you just m-met me," I wiped my eyes, but said, "I-I think I l-love you too," before throwing myself into Colt's arms and hugging him.

Colt hugged me to his chest, kissing me softly on the lips. His hands were soft on my lower back, my hands were curled in his auburn hair.

"W-wait," I pulled back, panting, "What if Tom is just outside?"

Really though, I didn't care if Tom found us, I didn't want to go All-The-Way. Not yet, at least. And I didn't want Colt to know that I was inexperienced.

"He can go fuck himself, Ali, all that matters is that were together." He tried to pull me towards him.

"But, am I your girlfriend? Or are we this Friends With Benefits?" I asked, thus distracting him.

"I guess I haven't made it clear, but I would never want to be Friends With Benefits with you," he cradled my face with his hands. "Ali, will you be my girlfriend?"

I paused, not sure how to respond to that. But then I knew my answer.
*******************************************************
A/N
Heeeyyyy, I love to leave off with cliff hangers! Should I write again or wait til next sunday? :);)
Love, Morgiebug<3
P.S. not edited.