Chapter Thirty-Two

"Hello!" Gram greeted Ali, wrapping her frail arms around her, "You must be Ali!"

Ali blushed, "Yea, I am, it's nice to meet you."

"Oh, it's even nicer to meet you, dear, Colten never shuts up about you," Gram glanced at me with a wink, "But let me tell you, you're even prettier then he let me believe."

"Uh, thanks," I could just tell Ali was embarrassed, her cheeks were as red as a tomato.

"Hey, Gram, it's been a long day, I'm gonna show Ali where we'll be sleeping," I gave Gram a hug, before reaching for Ali's hand and leading the way out of the front hall, towards the stairs.

Once we reached the second floor landing, Ali stopped, "Why'd you do that?"

"Do what?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing together.

"Intervene, I wanted to talk to your grandma more," she insisted.

"You'll have plenty of time for that tomorrow, I promise," I told her, "Gram loves to talk."

She grabbed my hand, halting me from beginning to walk away, "Why'd you intervene, Colt?"

"Because you were uncomfortable, that's why," I snapped, "I don't like it when you're uncomfortable with other people, it upsets me."

"Oh," she said lamely, clearly lost. I carassed her face with the back of my hand.

"Can't you tell how much you mean to me? You've completely turned me into a sappy boy," I smirked, seeing her eyes widen.

"Your not that sappy..." she murmured.

"More then I ever have been in my life," I slowly let my smirk morph into a full blown grin, "What supposed bad boy takes his girlfriend to a picnic instead of bed?"

She gaped at me in bewilderment, "Uh...none?"

"Exactly," I nodded, "You mean the world to me and it scares me. I feel like if I lost you, I'd lose a huge part of me. Like I'd be empty. Does that even make sense? No, probably not..." I scratched the back of my neck, trying to think of something better to say.

"Colt," she murmured, her eyes beginning to water.

"Oh, hell, what'd I say, look I'm sorry---" I began to apologize when she kissed me. When she pulled back I said, "That was very possibly the best way to get me to shut up."

"Oh, be quiet, I'm ready to go to sleep," she looked down, I tilted her chin up so that she met my eyes.

"Don't be embarrassed, you're amazing, Ali, and I'm lucky to have you," I'm such a sap, she obviously just wants this whole conversation to end, "Come on."

I took her to the guest bedroom, "Where are you going to sleep?" She asked, "Or am I sleeping in the bed with you?"

"If you want I'll sleep on the floor," I told her honestly.

"No, we can sleep in the same bed."

"Okay," I nodded, "I'll be up a little later, I'm gonna talk to Gram for a little bit. You should rest."

She agreed, changing into pajamas while I headed back downstairs. Gram sat, perched on the living room couch, her smile as bright as the sun. I groaned, "You heard all of that didn't you? God, now my Gram knows I'm turning into a sappy boy."

She let out a laugh, "I'm happy you have her to keep you out of trouble, I just hope you know how to make the right decisions to keep her in your life."

"I'll try, Gram, I really will. Sometimes, though, I feel like I'm not enough to keep her safe, with the gang and all. So much has already happened, if something actually takes her away from me...I'm afraid I'd die."

"Now, Colten, if that's not love, I dont know what is," Gram got up and hugged me, "You should rest, Ali's not the only one who looks tired."

"Can we talk? Just a little longer."

~~~~

Ali

I laid in the bed for a long time, just thinking about the day and wondering what Colt and his grandma were talking about. Of course though, I couldn't just focus on that. There was also everything Colt had said to me. All the sweet things. He had really changed, he was no longer considered a bad boy in my mind. He was Colt, the man I loved. Which felt weird to say, but also so very true.

Later that night when he laid down next to me, I snuggled up to him and finally had a good nights sleep. Able to rest peacfully.

**********************************************************************************************************************

A/N

Alright, kind of a short sappy chappie, but it had to be done. And there is more of sappy Colten to come, the end is coming. But there will in theory be a sequel. I plan on going up to forty chapters with this story, so there is some left and I have so much to finish it up with. Even though I've lost my planning sheet, I can remember most of what I was going to write, which is good. Anywho, Happy Early Halloween! My favorite holiday! Stay safe,

Love, Morgiebug<3