Chapter Twenty-Four

As soon as we entered the library he began his apology.

"Ali, Im so sorry, its not what you think though," he took a long breath, "I have a lot to tell you, but I don't know how to say it."

This was bad, it sounded bad. I turned away from him, trying to contain my tears. I felt him place his hand on my back, causing me to let out a screech and wince away.

"Ali? Are you okay?" his voice became worried.

"Yea, fine," I gasped, scrunching my eyes closed and biting my lip so that I wouldn't scream at the stinging pain racing through my back.

"No, your not, come here," I hadn't even noticed that Id stumbled away and was using my hands to lean against the table. When I made no move to do so, he came over and slowly lifted the back of my shirt. a gasp escaped out of his mouth, "What happened? Who did this to you?"

I could practically feel the underlying fury that he held as he gaped at the red belt marks. I stayed silent, scared that if I opened my mouth again I would scream.

"Alice, who did this to you?" he asked, demanding an answer, his hand hovering over my back before he put it down.

I let out a pained sob, "T-tom happened," I stuttered in pain.

"When? Where is he?" Colt turned me so that I faced him. I knew that nobody could fake this kind of worry, despite what he supposedly did I knew he loved me.

"I don't know, Miranda took care of that so he could be anywhere by now," the pain was just a stinging now, nothing like when Colt had touched it.

"Im going to kill him," Colt muttered, "Please forgive me, Ali, but Im going to kill him and Mr. Solons, and, well, anyone who hurts you."

"I forgive you, Colt, but you first have to explain what you were doing flirting it up with-with her."

"I know that I don't deserve your trust, but just trust me when I say that I love you and Ill never talk to her again," he declared, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Tell me, Colten, right now," I was now the one who was demanding him to tell me something.

He kissed my forehead, before taking a deep breath, "Ali, I cant tell you, not yet. If I did, bad things could happen. To you and to me."

"You make it sound like your in with the mafia or something," I joked lightly, nervously, "Wait, your not a mafia boss, right?"

He chuckled, "No, thank god Im not, its different then that but not by much."

"You have to tell me, otherwise Ill get Chloe over here and she'll kick your ass," I threatened.

"I know, she already threatened to," he told me, "Ill tell you when Im ready, alright? I would never cheat on you though, you know that right?"

I nodded, "I know, I just jumped to conclusions, Im sorry."

"Don't be, now come on, lets go hang out somewheres other then here, I feel like everyone dislikes me right now."

"They're just mad," I explained, "I told Miranda and then...well she told everyone..."

He shook his head, "Girls are such gossips," he joked, but worry still held his eyes captive when he glanced at me.

"Where should we go?" I asked.

"Well I was supposed to take you out on a date, so go get ready, do you think you'll need help?"

I didn't hesitate, "I might need some help..."

He grinned, "Sweet, I make no promises not to glance around."

I blushed, "Ugh, your such a guy."

"Hell yes I am and I can prove it too," he jested while I burst out laughing. He pecked my check, "Lead the way, Darlin'."

"Aye, aye, captain," I gave a mock salute. He grabbed my hand and held it tightly. I glanced at him.

"I just need to know that your here and safe," he murmured his explanation.

I nodded, as we walked, I rested my head on his shoulder, curling my arms around his left arm and somehow still managing to hold his hand.

When we arrived at my room, I closed the door behind me, not allowing him to come in.

"Hey," he whined, "I thought you said you'd need help."

"I lied," I smirked, or at least I think it was a smirk...

I grabbed a pair of nice skinny jeans and a yellow blouse, clothes that I actually remembered. Then, without even trying to, I skipped over to my bed and grabbed my cell phone. When I had exited my room, Colt embraced me in a bear hug, causing me to squeal with surprise and start to feel my back again. I made a face.

"Shit, sorry, Ali, I forgot..." he stated lamely, running a hand through his hair.

I gritted my teeth, "Its alright," anger welled in his eyes.

"I swear, Im going to kill him," he kissed me lightly.

"Lets get out of here, we'll figure everything out later, okay?" I searched his eyes, praying that he'd understand.

"Okay," he agreed, "I have the perfect place to bring you to."

"Really? Where is it?" I asked, excitement welling up in my gut, along with the butterflies of nervousness.

"You'll have to wait and find out," he smiled genuinely.

I pretended to pout, "Whyyy?"

He held my hand and led me down the stairs, out the front door and into his truck. Leaving me to ponder where exactly we were going.
*******************************************************
A/N
I know, its short, but its more of a filler then an actual chapter. Ill try and make the next chapter longer, only because I also hate short chapters. Have a good week, guys and gals!:)
Xoxo,
Morgiebut<3
P.S. Not edited