Chapter Thirty-One

I sat up straight, breathing heavily, sweat pouring from my skin as I searched the darkened room frantically for the cause of my fear.

"It was just a nightmare," I murmured, "Just a nightmare."

Without hesitating I got up from my bed and started to pace, letting out a huge yawn. My phone vibrated on my bedside table, I stopped my pacing to go and look at it but once I saw that it was Colten I flung myself onto my bed, taking my phone with me. Just what I needed to get my mind off the nightmares.

'I'll pick u up @ 9a.m.' was all he wrote.

'What r u doin up this early?' I replied.

'I just got done with a run, hbu?'

'I couldn't sleep...'

'Oh, do u want me to come pick u up now? Or do u want to try and sleep?'

'Now plz'

We said our goodbyes and then I was up and getting ready. I didn't know what to expect or where he was even taking me, but if there was anything my mum had taught me it was to dress appropriately for any and all situations. So I threw on a pair of cute but movable jeans and an adorable blouse that I still wasn't sure where it had come from but since it was in my closet I didn't hesitate to put it on.

By 5 in the morning I was ready for where ever Colten was taking us, my hair was up in a ponytail and I left without doing any makeup, course I never put any on anyway so that was no difference anyway.

I raced down the stairs, heading for the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast, I was completely starved from last night and I wasn't having another repeat of that. I made cereal in a bag, grabbed a spoon and met Colten at the door.

"Hey," he leaned down and kissed me.

"Hiya," I smiled, staring up into his loving eyes.

He looped his arm through mine and began to lead me to his truck, opening the passenger door for me and helping me up.

Once he was seated in the Driver's seat, I opened my mouth, "So where should we go?"

"I was thinking that we could just head to the place I wanted to take you now and then we could stay longer, does that sound alright?"

"Yea," I nodded, "Where're we going?"

He smirked, "That's for me to know and you to find out."

"Great," I said sarcastically, "Are you going to murder me?"

"I would never hurt you, you know that," he murmured, missing my sarcasm.

"I know that, it's called sarcasm," I smirked, "I learned it from the best."

He smiled, "Thanks, but I'm serious, I would never hurt you."

"I know that, and I love you for it," my smirk became a huge grin, "So you sure you dont want to tell me where we're going?"

"Nope," he shook his head, "And that's my final answer."

"Ugh, why? I really don't like surprises, Colt, not anymore," I pouted.

"But you'll love this one," he sent me a 100 watt smile.

"You sure about that?" I quirked an eyebrow, even though I knew that as long as I was with him, it didn't matter where we went.

"Definitely," he grabbed my hand, he glanced at me and I smiled even bigger. God, I loved this boy so much, it hurt.

"Well then, for your sake, I hope I love it as much as you think I will," I winked, something I rarely have ever done.