Chpt. 1

"I can't believe we moved just because you wanted me to go to Smart-Ass school." I said as I pulled my knee-high socks onto my feet that were a part of my school uniform. I had to wear a white button up  short sleeve shirt with the school emblem on the top left of the front, I also had to wear an above the knee black skirt and black sneakers. "Well, I'm sorry if I want you to have good grades." My Mom said as she placed two pieces of toast in front of me.

"Plus, what is this emblem supposed to mean? I was getting ready to wear a unicorn, not blue and white wings. Also, this high school is enemies with the one I was supposed to go to." I shoved a piece of toast into my mouth as I tied up the white laces of my black sneakers. "This school is better known for having thick-skinned people who aren't weak. I want you to be smart and to be able to stand up for yourself." I rolled my eyes and bit into the toast, catching the rest in my left hand. "Besides, it's a chance for you to explore new things and have new friends. You didn't have that many back in your elementary school, and you needed a fresh start." 

Once I finished my toast and I stood up then went upstairs to brush my teeth. I stood in front of the mirror and studied my uniform. I sighed a brushed my teeth. I ran my fingers through my (h/l) (h/c) hair. Earlier on I had a shower and had brushed my hair already so I was fine with that, I just didn't want to brush my teeth before I ate. I spat out the foamed and washed off my toothbrush then ran back downstairs. I grabbed my (f/c) bag and slipped it over my shoulder. I stood with my back towards the door and cupped my hands around my mouth. 

"Bye Mom!" I shouted across the house, not knowing where my Mom had gone. "Bye, sweetie! I won't be here when you get home so don't forget the house key!" My Mom's voice called back out and I looked to my left where the small dresser was.

I reached inside the bowl that was on top of it and took the house key, then walked out. I closed the door behind me then walked to school. I pulled out my phone and plugged my headphones in and started playing the nightcore version of Discord. 

I had gotten my schedule and locker number and was on my way to put my stuff in my locker. I turned the corner and started reading the locker numbers. "Locker one hundred and four, here you are!" I murmured to myself then opened up the locker.

 I quickly slipped all of my stuff inside but kept my art supplies handy since that was my first class. I shoved them into my bag then closed my locker and put my lock on it. I took out my headphones and stopped my music while shoving into my bag as well. I turned left and bumped into something, no, someone. I quickly backed up and held my forehead. 

"I'm sorry." I said and looked up to see a boy that was about three inches taller than me and around my age with two toned hair. The top of his head was a very light brown and then around the sides and back of head he had dark brown hair. He had the male version of my uniform on too, black jeans and a short sleeved white button up shirt with the school emblem on the top left corner of his shirt. "No, it was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going." He smiled at me and I smiled back. 

"I'm Jean," He held out his hand for me to shake it and I did. "Nice to meet you, Jean, I'm (y/n)," I let go of his hand and put my backpack on my shoulders. "Nice to meet you too, do you happen to know where art class is? I can't seem to find it." I laughed and looked up at him. 

"I was just about to head to art class too, I think there is a map of the school at the main entrance. Want to go look at it with me?" I turned my body half way so I was facing the set of lockers on the left side of the hall. "Sure."

Jean and I walked down the hall side by side towards the main entrance. "So, (y/n), where are you from? The people who come here are mostly from Trost District Public School, did you recently move here?" Jean asked as we passed some classes. "Yeah, I moved here during the summer. I was going to go to MP High School, but my Mom wanted me to have better grades and be able to stand up for myself, since MP is a softy school, so we moved here." I saw Jean turn his head towards me a bit and look at me in disbelief in the corner of my eye. 

"You don't seem like someone that would've gone to MP since everyone there is mostly from Stohess District Public School. They usually keep to themselves, anti-social I should say, no offense." I laughed as we turned left. "No, you're absolutely right." 

We walked past a closed door and I looked at the name on it.                                                             Grade Nine Art Class.                                                                                                                                              "Hey! Here it is! Art class!" I slowly opened the door and only saw a few people already inside talking quietly to each other. "Good eye," Jean said and walked in behind me. 

I sat at a desk beside the wall third row back and Jean sat in the seat beside me. "I don't like art class that much actually, I've always found it boring." I looked over at Jean and saw him rest his head on the back of his hand. "I like to think of it as a doorway into a our imagination," I said copying him. "Whatever you say, Spongebob." I burst out laughing and so did Jean. 

The teacher walked in and wrote her name on the chalkboard.  "Good morning class, and welcome to the first day of school. I am Ms. Ral, for today I want you to do a free draw because I want to know how good of an artist you are." She started handing out black pieces of paper while I got out a pencil. "You can do it in any media that you want to."