Chpt. 7

Marco, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Jean, and I were all standing on the sidelines cheering Sasha on as she shoved pies into her face. 

A lot of people had quit already and Sasha was in the lead. 

Some people were throwing up around us because they had eaten beyond their limit, the good thing about Sasha was that she didn't have a limit. 

"Go Sasha!" I shouted as she moved onto the next pie. It was her and a fat man left at the picnic table and the fat man looked like he was going to throw up. "You can do it!" Connie shouted at her. 

I watched the the fat man pushed the pie away and shook his head. I smiled bright knowing Sasha had won the pie eating contest. 

Our little group rose up in cheers as Sasha finished her last pie and was claimed as the winner. She got a medal and walked over to us. 

"Good job, Sasha!" I said and she wiped her mouth with a napkin. "No more rides for me today, I guess." She muttered and we all laughed. 

We ended up wondering off into separate groups again and I found myself alone. Shit, I need to be with one of them. I've never been here before. 

I started looking for them and heard Eren and Jean bickering once again on the other side of some booths. I sighed and cut in between booths. I decided to stay hidden and just listened to their conversation, wanting to have a good laugh. 

"Eren, can you just tell me where (y/n) went?"

"Why should I? I like her, you like her."

I felt my face heat up as I remembered what had happened earlier. 

"What? I don't like her! Maybe as a friend but that's it!"

I shifted my head a bit so I could see the two of them talking but they couldn't see me. Was he just playing along like it was a game? I thought as I felt my heart slightly break. 

Jean sighed and covered his eyes with his hand. "Can you just tell me where she went? No one said that they've seen her and I want to make sure she doesn't get lost." 

I could see he wasn't blushing and if he did like me he would've blushed even slightly when Eren said it. 

"I think she went that way, she's probably behind these booths." Eren stuck his thumb over his shoulder and pointed to the opening I was in. 

My eyes widened and I bolted back to where I had come from, not wanting to talk to Jean or anyone at the moment. 

I ran far enough that I reached the edge of the fairgrounds and I got to the forest that went around the back of it. 

I sighed and leaned against a tree. I slowly slid down and sat down on the grass with my knees against the chest. I looked around and realized I didn't remember where I had come from. 

There were a few opens but by the way I had run to the tree I could have come from any of them. There was only a few nameless booths so I couldn't find out where I was on the map on my phone. 

I felt tears come to my eyes and I hugged my knees and rested my head on my knees. 

"(y/n)?"

I heard someone shouting my name from far away but I just stood up and sat on the other side of the tree and faced the forest. I didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment, except Annie. 

I pulled out my phone and started texting her.

(y/n)- I need some advice.

Annie- What's up?

(y/n)- What do you say to someone that lead you on then said they didn't like you?

Annie- What happened?

(y/n)- You know my crush that I was telling you about?

Annie- John?

(y/n)- Jean.

Annie- Sorry, what about him?

(y/n)- He was going to kiss me but then we got interrupted and then I overheard him saying he didn't like me.

Annie- You're asking me for relationship advice?

(y/n)- You're the only person I want to talk to right now. 

Annie- Okay, I guess pretend like you didn't hear him and go back to whatever you guys were before you two tried to kiss.

Annie- Wait, who attempted the kiss?

(y/n)- He did.

Annie- After what?

(y/n)- . . . I brought his face close to mine.

Annie- Damn it, (y/n).

(y/n)- I'm sorry if I was trying to be friendly! I was seeing if he was okay, and we usually friendly flirt with each other in a joking matter.

Annie- You are explaining this is a very confusing way.

(y/n)- I know.

(y/n)- I'm also lost.

Annie- What do you mean you're lost?

(y/n)- I kind of overreacted and ran and now I am at the edge of a forest at the fairgrounds and knowing me I forgot which direction I came from. 

"(y/n)? Damn it, where did you go. I saw you running this way, there is nowhere else for you to go from here." I heard Jean's voice behind me and I froze. He saw me running this way, probably in between the booths too. Luckily the tree I was behind was thick enough to hide me entirely. 

(y/n)- Damn it, he's right behind me. Don't text me. He'll hear my phone

"(y/n)? Come on! I know you're around here! I know the way back!" I heard him call out into the forest and I shoved my phone in my back pocket because I didn't want it to make a light that showed where I was. 

"What the hell were you running from?" I turned my head slightly feeling my heart pound in my chest. 

I didn't really want to be found, I could probably find my way back from here by myself when I wanted to, but I didn't want to right now.

"Come on, if you heard Eren and me talking then it's not true." His voice was closer and I realized he was leaning on the tree I was sitting against. "What's not true?" I muttered placing my chin in between my knees. 

He turned around and walked behind the tree and saw me sitting there. I could tell he thought I didn't know what he had said to Eren. He sat down next to me and looked forward. 

"Nothing, what were you running from?" He looked at me but I only look at him in the corner of my eye. "I was trying to find you guys but I got lost and I didn't remember what way I came from." I looked down at my shoes and bit my lower lip. "Well come on, we're trying to regroup."

He stood up and held out his hand. I looked at it and hesitantly grabbed it. He pulled me up but I just kept looking at my shoes, not wanting to look at his face. 

"Are you okay?" He asked still holding my hand, which didn't bother me. "Yeah," I said still looking at my shoes. 

He grabbed my chin and pulled my face up to face his. "You're lying." He had his devilish smirk on his face but I just stepped back and let go of his hand moving my gaze back to my shoes. "Let's just regroup." I quietly said. 

I felt his gaze on me which made me have guilt for making him sad. I could tell he was frowning at me just by the situation that happened. "Okay," He quietly grabbed my hand and walked me through the booths to where we were going to regroup.