Chpt. 8

The rest of the day I acted normal and Jean and I were normal best friends again. At one point he had given me a piggy-back ride only because I said I was a bit tired of walking. 

It was getting late and we all decided to go on the Ferris Wheel as our last ride. Eren sat with Mikasa, Armin sat with Connie, Jean sat with Marco, and I sat with Sasha. 

Sasha had been wearing a black tank top and knee shorts with a choker and black sneakers. 

"Connie told me he saw you and Jean before I entered the pie-eating contest." She said and I felt my face slightly heat up. 

"What did you see?" I said looking at her with a small smirk on my face. "You two were about a kiss." I felt my face heat up more. 

Although it was pitch black outside the Ferris Wheel's bright changing color lights lit up the night sky. 

I looked in the corner of my eye to the seat in front of us to see Jean and Marco talking. 

"Come on, let's see what they're talking about," Sasha said leaning forward when she saw me look at them. 

The cart tipped forward and I put my arm across Sasha's shoulders and pushed her back screaming and laughing. "Don't lean forward!" I yelled at her and we both started laughing uncontrollably.

I looked at Jean and Marco and saw both of them looking back at us. "Sorry," Sasha said in between laughs. 

Our laughter died as the Ferris Wheel stopped making us at the top. "I hate being stuck at the top," Sasha said looking down. "So do I,"  I said looking down at her. 

The lights on the Ferris Wheel changed color in a pattern. 

"Do you really like her?" 

"As a friend, but I think I might have broken her heart."

"You're lying."

"That's what she said."

I heard Marco and Jean talking in front of us and Sasha shook my arm as the Ferris Wheel started moving again. "Did you hear that?" She whispered to me nodded her head towards Jean and Marco. 

"What, his inappropriate joke?" Sasha frowned at me and I laughed at her. "Yeah, I heard, but I really don't care, Sasha. If he likes someone else he likes someone else." I pulled my shoulder out of her grasp.

She grabbed my arm instead with both arms and shook me. "Come on! You can't just give up!" The ride stopped and we had to get off. 

"Sasha, let go of my arm please," I said as we walked off the ride together. "Not until you say you won't give up on,"- She glanced at Jean in the corner of her eye then back me-"it.

I rolled my eyes as Jean and Marco looked at us weird. "Alright, I won't give up." I tore my arm from her grip as she jumped up and down with excitement. Everyone else got off the ride and we all walked to the exit. 

Mikasa's Mom came and drove her and Eren back to their house so I walked home alone.

It was dark outside but the street lights lit up the street. I heard footsteps behind me but I didn't think much of them until I was shoved against a wall. I went to scream but the person covered my mouth. 

I tried to look at his features but he had a hood covering his face. He took his hand away from my mouth and put a finger to his lips. 

He had his other hand holding my one wrist to the wall and my other arm was pinned behind my back. He had his left knee in between my legs which gave me a shiver.