Chpt. 4

Once I got to my locker I was panting as I got out the things I would need for art class. I closed my locker and locked it before leaning on it still taking deep breaths. I looked at my shoes and saw another pair of shoes stand in front of me. 

"You okay? You look like you just ran a marathon." I heard a familiar voice say in front of me. I looked up and saw Jean with a concerned look on his face.

I pushed myself off my locker and stood up straight throwing my bag on my shoulder. "I got up late and had to run to school so I wouldn't be late." I quietly said while looking back down at my sneakers. 

He grabbed my chin and lifted my head so he could see my face. "You do seem pale, do you have any water to drink? That might help." I felt my face heat up slightly and I nodded turning back to my locker so he couldn't see my face. 

I opened my locker back up since I hadn't locked it then I grabbed my water bottle and took a drink. "There, now come on. We got to get to art." I shoved my water in my bag then walked with Jean to art class.

"There is an annual carnival that starts in two weeks, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" I looked up at him and saw his face was a light pink. "I would have to ask my Mom, here." I dug into my bag and took a small piece of paper and wrote my phone number on it and handed it to Jean. "Just in case." I smiled and I saw his face turn a darker pink. "Th-Thanks." He said and we started walking to art class again. 

I was sitting in language waiting for it to be over so I could go eat lunch with Jean, Marco, Connie, Sasha, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. None of them were in my class right now which was kind of disappointing and unbelievable. Mind you, there were a lot of classes in this school. 

The bell rang and I grabbed my bag and headed for my locker. I put all of my things away and headed for the cafeteria. 

I grabbed my tray full of food and sat at an empty table and pulled out my phone. I opened up Annie's contact and started texting her. 

[y/n]- How's MP Highschool for you so far?

I put my phone face down so you could see it's (f/c) case. I started eating when I heard my phone make a small noise, notifying I had a new text message. I picked up my phone and opened up the text message and saw it was from Annie. 

Annie- Good so far. I've made a couple friends, what about you?

I smiled and started typing again. 

[y/n]- It's okay, I've made a couple friends too. Just don't think I won't forget about you. 

I laughed and saw she had texted back.

Annie- Haha, don't think I won't forget about you either. I got to go, the teacher is eyeing me, bye.

[y/n]- Bye.

I put my phone into the pocket of my black skirt and started eating while Eren, Mikasa, Connie, and Jean sat down at the table I was at. "Who were you texting?" Connie asked nodded towards my phone that I had shoved into my pocket. "A friend from Stohess." He nodded and we all started to eat. 

Marco, Sasha, and Armin came a couple minutes later and I guessed that they were all in the same class. We all talked for a while until Sasha brought up the fair that Jean had asked me to go with him. 

"You guys want to go to the fair together? Come on, it will be fun! We can show (y/n) all of the cool rides too!" She said without food in her mouth for once. Everyone agreed and I shrugged. "I guess I might be able to go, I don't know." Jean and I never brought up that we had already asked me to go with him, I guess he knew that it would've been rude to say it too. 

"Come on! You've got to go!" Eren said and I sighed. "If you're going to keep bugging me into going let me ask my Mom right now." I pulled my phone back out and texted my Mom, asking her if I could go to the carnival in two weeks with my friends. 

[y/n]- There is a Carnival in two weeks that my new friends want to take me to, can I go?

Mom- Yes. That's fine.

I showed them the text and Sasha's face lit up. "Great! So we can all go!" I laughed as she started to shove food back into her mouth. 

We all exchanged phone numbers so we could contact each other easily. 

I glanced at Jean and saw he seemed a little-pissed off, obviously, he had wanted to go to the Carnival with only me. I understood that I wanted to go with only him too, but I didn't want to be rude and exclude everyone. 

The bell rang and I walked back to my locker alone. I felt a blow to the back of my head and I fell to the ground in pain and shock. I fell on my hands and knees and grabbed the back of my head. "What the hell was that for?" I turned around and sat on the ground. 

I looked up and saw a girl with brown hair tied back into a short ponytail and dark brown eyes that stared at me. She had freckles across her face and she was smirking at me. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I just overheard you saying that you were from Stohess. I wanted to see if you are what they say." She kicked me in the side of the face and I fell onto my right side. I glared up at her as I stood back up. 

"Well you've seen, now you can go." I clenched my fists as she laughed at me in a mocking way. "Wow, you can put on an act, can't you?" She punched me in the stomach and I fell back and slid across the floor. 

I didn't want to get up again so I looked at the ground and propped myself up on my elbows. 

"Now I've seen, you are just as weak as they say. Can barely fight back and you just run away." I clenched my fists and my eyes widened as I heard her step closer. I held up my left arm and she laughed. "You can barely protect yourself, too." I felt tears collecting in my eyes as I put my arm back down. 

She was right, I couldn't protect myself, not on the ground. I fought back my tears as she stood in front of me. 

I heard running footsteps coming towards the bully and me. I opened my eyes and saw someone standing between us. "Stop it, Ymir! What did she ever do to you?" I looked up and saw the back of a boy with two toned hair. It was Jean. 

Ymir backed away from Jean and I watched confused by what just happened. "I'm sorry if I was just testing a theory." She smirked and walked away. I started to sit up and I saw a hand come into my vision. I froze and looked up to see Jean holding out his hand. "Are you okay?" He asked with sweetness and concern in his voice. 

I slowly nodded and grabbed his hand. He pulled me up and I brushed off my skirt and shirt. "I'm okay." I felt my left cheek where she had kicked me and I pulled my fingers away. Luckily there was no blood, but I knew there was going to be a bruise on my stomach. 

"We should get you to the school nurse." He said and I looked up at him and slightly shook my head. "No, I'll be okay." I realized I was still holding his hand and felt my face heat up so I let go and looked down. 

"Come on, I'll walk you to your locker." He took my hand again and held it as we walked in the direction of my locker.