Chpt. 3

It was the end of the day and I was very tired. Math was very stressful because if someone made a noise we would all have to stay after school and do extra work, the gym was also very tiring. We had to run and touch the first line then run back and touch the line we started on then run and touch the second line then run back and touch the line we started on over and over again. Luckily there were only four lines, but we had to do it five times. Coach Shadis called them suicides, and I knew exactly why it made you feel like you were slowly committing suicide. Surprisingly I always came in first even when we were all tired. 

I was walking home with the sun beating down on me. It was still summer and it would be for a long time. I sighed as I brushed my (h/c) hair off of my hair and put it behind my ear. I pulled out my headphones and started listening to (f/s). 

I walked up to my front door and slipped my hand into my (f/c) backpack to find my house key.  "(y/n)!" I heard my name get called out and I turned around to see Eren running towards me.

I walked onto the sidewalk so he wouldn't have far to run. Mikasa started running with him towards me and I smiled, thinking it was cute how much she cared about him. He got up to me and I realized he was only about one centimeter taller than me, which made me smile brighter. "Hey, Eren. Hi, Mikasa." I said as Eren breathed heavily and Mikasa just stood there, obviously, that wasn't a long run for her. "Hey, do you live here?" Eren asked looking at my house. 

"Yeah, do you live around here?" Eren nodded and Mikasa looked at me with her plain expression. "We live down the road." She said and I nodded. "Are you two brother and sister?" Eren shook his head sill breathing heavy. "She's my stepsister." I smiled and nodded again. "Okay. I guess I'll see you two tomorrow then." I waved to them and walked back up to my front door as they walked back down the street. 

I pulled out my house key and unlocked the door then walked in. I sat at the kitchen table and put my backpack on the table and started to untie my black sneakers. I grabbed them and my bag then headed up the stairs to my bedroom. I pulled out all of my homework and started on it right away. 

After a while, my room started to get darker so I turned on my study lamp that was on my desk because I was too lazy to get up and walk over to the light switch. 

I finished my homework and started to read a book. I got tired and rested my head on my desk using my arm as a pillow while I still read. I felt my eyes be forced to shut because of tiredness and I slowly drifted off to sleep. 

It was one year ago and I was sleeping over at Annie's. Her parents were away for three weeks and I didn't want her to feel alone so I decided to sleep over. We had taken two sleeping bags from the garage and put them in the living room. We were watching a movie and it was late at night. 

"Remember when we sang at the school dance?" Annie said and I started laughing. It was last year at Halloween and we had a Halloween themed dance with a singing competition. The only rule about the competition was that you couldn't show your face, which meant you had to wear a costume that covered your face. 

Annie and I had worn long black sweaters with big hoods with cat ears on them, when we put on the hoods they would cover our eyes and hair so people couldn't see our important features. We had sewed black tails onto our sweaters too and drew whiskers on our cheeks. We had also worn black tights and black sneakers. 

"Maybe we should do it next year, I heard that there is a Halloween dance that the MP and Scouting high schoolers go to that has a singing competition there too." Annie smiled and nodded. "That's good since you're going to Scouting. What was the song we sang last time?" 

I put a finger to my chin as I tried to remember. "Partners in Crime, by Set It Off." We both started humming the song while watching the movie until we fell asleep. 

I woke up when I heard birds chirping and I quickly opened my eyes fast. I shot up from my desk and looked at my clock. 6:45.

I ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower before spraying Febreeze over my school uniform since I had slept in it. I quickly put it back on then blowed dried my hair and brushed it. I ran downstairs and made some toast. I knew my Mom had left for work early since Tuesdays were when she worked in the morning all the way to midnight. 

I tied my black sneakers and then ran back upstairs when I finished my toast to brush my teeth and pack up my backpack. As I shoved all of my homework into my bag along with everything else I would need. I glanced at my clock as I was packing my bag and started packing faster. 8:18.

It took me about ten minutes to walk to school and to walk to my locker from the front door took five. Altogether, I would be late for art class. I grabbed the house key and locked the door then ran down the sidewalk for school.