Chpt. 5

Throughout the day after every class, Jean would check if I was okay. I kind of liked that he cared for me, I was pretty sure that I had a bit of a crush on him but I ignored it. 

Before I went home I talked with Jean for quite a while at my locker before leaving. "I still can't believe she did that to you just because you're from Stohess. That's just wrong." He said as he leaned on the lockers beside me. "I know, but high school is different. It's so Judgy." I leaned on the lockers beside him and looked at the floor. He nervously laughed which made me slightly blush at how cute it was. 

"When I was a kid I always wanted to grow up so fast, now I wish we never grow up." He said and I smiled brighter. "Let's go to Neverland then." I looked at him and he looked at me. 

I found myself staring into his amber eyes for an awkward amount of time and I realized he was staring into my (e/c) eyes too. I looked down at my shoes when I felt my face heat up and I looked at Jean in the corner of my eyes. 

His face was a light red as he was staring at his shoes as well. My (h/c) hair fell to the sides of my face so I could barely see his face anymore, but I was glad that he couldn't see my face. 

"You two! Either you are staying for after school activities or you're out!" We both snapped our heads to the right to see a teacher at the end of the hall pointing towards us. "Yes, sir!"

Every time anyone got an order from a teacher, you would either have to say "Yes, ma'am!" or "Yes, sir!" depending on who you were talking too. You also had to put your right fist over your heart and your left arm behind your back. Jean and I did then walk fast to the front door.

"I'll see you tomorrow, bye (y/n)," Jean said as he turned left to go to his house while I had to turn right. "Bye, Jean, see you tomorrow!" I shouted towards him since he was far away. I turned right and skipped to my house, feeling better than before. 

I got home and unlocked the front door. I walked in and closed it behind me. I skipped upstairs and started my homework. 

Once I finished I leaned back in my chair and sighed. "I never thought high school would be so hard," I said to myself and stood up and stretched. I changed out of my school uniform and got into an (f/c) tank top and dark blue jeans. I fell back onto my bed and heard my phone buzz slightly from a notification. 

I slowly sat up and grabbed my phone. I opened up the notification and saw it was an invitation to a group chat. I tapped 'Accept' and looked at it. 

Sasha- I hope you guys accept the invitation.

(y/n)- Really? Group chats? I hate these.

Eren- That's just your inner Stohess coming out. 

Marco- Oh, come on. Stop mentioning it. 

(y/n)- It's fine, I'm proud that I'm from Stohess.

Connie- Are you proud that you got beat up?

(y/n)- Let's change the subject. 

Armin- How are you after that, (y/n)?

(y/n)- Fine, now let's change the subject.

Mikasa- You did get pretty beat up.

(y/n)- That's it! I'm turning my phone off!

I quickly held the power button to my phone and a small box appeared on the screen asking if I wanted to put airplane mode on or if I wanted to turn my phone off. I pressed my thumb hard against turn off and the screen went black. 

I sighed, knowing I had overreacted and I turned my phone back on. I saw that there had been lots of messages between them already.

Marco- Good going, Mikasa.

Mikasa- I didn't start it, Connie did!

Jean- Technically Eren did bring up Stohess in the first place.

Eren- Technically, Sasha started this group chat.

(y/n)- Are you two going to argue even when you're not even in the same place?

Armin- (y/n)! You came back!

(y/n)- I never left. 

Eren- Yes we are. 

(y/n)- Better stop before it becomes animal abuse.

I laughed out loud because I had learned how people liked to call Jean horse face, I never joined in, but I would tease him about it here and there. 

Jean- Hey!

(y/n)- I'm only teasing you. 

Marco- At least you're not mad.

(y/n)- I never said I was.

Sasha- Let's just talk about something else or this all goes to hell. 

Armin- What are we going to talk about?

Connie- The carnival!

Eren- Yeah! 

(y/n)- What kinds of rides have been there in the past?

Marco- Lots! They set it up on a sixty-four-acre field. 

(y/n)- Wow. The last thing that I got close to a carnival was a Halloween dance with games. 

Armin- Those are always fun, there are dances that are held at some place for the MP and Scouting high schools.

(y/n)- I heard.

Jean- It's stupid, I heard one time someone slipped some alcohol into the fruit punch and everyone got into a huge fight.

Sasha- The police had to come and the guy who put it in was arrested for it. 

(y/n)- I might not go to one of those dances now.

Eren- I wouldn't blame you if you didn't.

Connie- An old friend of mine's brother was there, luckily he doesn't like fruit punch. 

Marco- Sounds scary.

Jean- You're scared of most things, Marco.

Marco- No I'm not!

Jean- You're scared of not being able to say bless you to someone. 

Sasha- It's true.

Marco- You can't blame me for wanting to be nice!

(y/n)- Marco's right, even if it's a fake sneeze I will say bless you; and half of the time I say sorry to walls when I walk into them. 

Eren- Why?

(y/n)- I think they're people.

Connie- Did you just use an semi-colon in your text message?

(y/n)- I like grammar. 

Jean- But these are text messages.

(y/n)- I also like to correct people whenever I can.

Sasha- I'm glad I'm not in the language class with you!

(y/n)- I've mentally killed like three people in my class already. 

Armin- Mentally killing is the best way to get your rage out sometimes.

Eren- You scare me sometimes, Armin.