Chpt. 9

I slowly opened my eyes when I heard yelling. I opened my eyes all the way and saw everyone pulling Jean and Eren away from each other. 

"Will you two stop yelling? You're going to wake everyone up!" Sasha yelled trying to be heard over both of their voices. I slowly sat up but grabbed my side in pain as I did. 

I sat there with my hand on my stomach and watched as everyone had their focus on Jean and Eren as they tried to rip each other's throats out. 

Marco and Sasha were holding Jean back while Mikasa and Connie tried to hold Eren back and Armin stood in the middle with a hand on each of their chests pushing them apart. 

Marco grip slipped on Jean's arm and he attempted to punch Eren in the jaw. It was stopped as Marco grabbed Jean's arm again and held it back. 

The door burst open and a short nurse stood in the doorway. "Would you kids quiet down? You are going to wake the patient!" Everyone stood in place and froze. 

"Oh, don't worry, Miss. They've already accomplished the part." My voice broke the silence and everyone's heads turned to see me sitting up in bed with a hand to my stomach. 

The nurse sighed as I looked at everyone with a what-the-hell-were-you-two-thinking-look on my face. 

"Visiting time in over anyway. It's time for all visitors to leave the room, you may stay in the hall, though." The nurse said as everyone let go of Jean and Eren. They all slowly walked out and stood in the hall. 

The nurse closed the door behind them and walked up to me. "I'm sorry about that, Ms. (l/n). How is your stomach feeling?" I slowly took my hand away and looked down. 

I was wearing a baggy white shirt and dark blue jeans that I was guessing the hospital had given me to wear for now. 

"It's okay, it hurts slightly. I overheard that I had to get my appendix removed?" I said looking back up at her. She gave me a warm smile and folded her hands in her lap. 

"Yes, that's true. You are very lucky, the man missed all important organs and nerves except for your appendix sadly, but you would have needed to get that out anyway. Your friends were very worried about you." 

I nodded and looked at the door. "Can I walk into the hall to talk with them?" I looked back at her and she had a questionable look on her face. "That depends if your stomach hurts or not when you stand up. Why not try it now." She stepped back to give me room to stand up. 

I swung my legs off the bed and slowly stood up. I didn't feel any more pain from when I was lying down and I smiled. "I'm okay." I looked at her and she led me out of the room. 

She stepped aside and I walked out to see Mikasa and Armin standing beside Eren and Connie and Sasha standing beside Jean with Marco in between both of them. Jean and Eren and their backs to each other and you could tell there was still tension between them. 

I crossed my arms and watched the nurse as she walked away. She turned the corner and I looked back at the rest of them. 

"Why the hell do you two always have to fight out of the blue like that? It was unnecessary and you probably disturbed a lot of people." 

No one seemed to care what I said, instead they all ran towards me and hugged me all at the same time. 

"(y/n)!" They all yelled in unison as they hugged me. "You're awake!" Sasha said hugging me from behind. "Yeah, I'm awake," I said slightly annoyed but mostly happy that they cared about me. 

They all let go and stood around me in a happy circle. I could see they were all in the same clothes from earlier, except Jean. 

He no longer had his black sweater and blue jeans, instead, he had a blue t-shirt and black jeans. 

As we all talked I took the chance to look in between Armin and Connie to the chairs and I saw Jean's black sweater and blue jeans that were covered in blood, my blood. 

We talked for ten minutes until the nurse came back and said that I should get some rest and the rest of my friends should go home. 

I said bye to them and walked back into my hospital room. I lied down and put the blanket over top of me and fell asleep. 

I woke up when I heard the door to my hospital room open. I turned over to face the door and saw someone tall standing in the doorway. I couldn't make out who it was at first because my eyes were adjusting to the light. 

"Morning," I heard Jean's voice say and I slowly realized it was him as he sat beside me in a chair. "Morning," I said back as I slowly sat up. 

"Sorry about what happened last night, I guess Eren and I got out of hand." He smiled at me and scratched the back of his neck. "It's okay, it's only natural for you two." I put my hands in my lap and started twiddling my thumbs. 

"About last night,"- He grabbed my hand and placed it on his lap and held it softly-"I'm sorry I couldn't save you in time, it's my fault you're hurt. I could've saved you but I was too damn stubborn to realize you were in the position you were in." He kept his gaze my hand in his lap and avoided eye contact with me. 

"Jean," I said in a soft voice placing my other hand on top of our two hands. "It's not your fault, I heard him walking behind me I should've run when I had the chance. It's my fault because I was too damn stubborn to realize I was in the position I was in." He lifted his head slightly and looked me in the eye. 

I smiled at him as he grabbed my chin in a swift motion and pulled my face towards his. Our lips brushed against each other as the door to the hospital room opened. 

We pulled away from each other and pulled our hands back into our own laps as Connie marched through the door in a triumphant matter. 

You always ruin everything, don't you Connie? I thought as he moved to the side to let Sasha run up to me and hug me. 

"(y/n)! I'm glad you're awake so we can talk to you!" She said as she sat on the bed next to me. 

I laughed and heard Jean quietly mutter something as I did.