Chpt. 11

The music started and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Your cruel device,

Your blood, like ice, 

One look could kill,

My pain, your thrill,

I want to love you but I better not touch,

I want to hold you but my senses tell me to stop, 

I want to kiss you but I want it too much,

I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison!

Your poison running through my veins,

Your poison!

I don't want to break these chains, 

Your mouth, so hot,

Your web, I'm caught,

Your skin, so wet, 

Black lace, on sweat, 

I hear you calling and it's needles and pins,

I want to hurt you just to hear you screaming my name, 

Don't want to touch you but you're under my skin, 

I want to kiss you but your lips are venomous poison!

Your poison running through my veins,

Your poison!

I don't want to break these chains!"

We continued singing the song but it was mostly a blur for me. I was thinking of Jean the entire time, not only because he was the one that had just sung, but because this song reminded me of him. 

When the song ended Annie and I walked off stage and I headed to the locker where we had put our things. "Where are you going?" Annie asked grabbing my wrist. 

"My friends are probably texting me and wondering why I'm not answering, and my one friend is a very good detective and will find out easily I was the one singing on stage." Annie nodded and let go of my wrist and we both headed to the locker. 

I opened it up and grabbed my phone. I bit my bottom lip when I saw new messages for our group chat. There was a video of Annie and me when we were singing and I bit my tongue. 

Connie- These guys can sing! Too bad you aren't here, (y/n).

I quickly started typing to respond to the message so they wouldn't get suspicious. 

(y/n)- Yeah, too bad. They are good singers. 

I put my phone into my sweater pocket so I could have it with me at all times and Annie and I walked back out into the large room. 

We grabbed new drinks and listened to the other singers. My phone buzzed again and I pulled it out. 

Marco- There are a lot of good singers here.

I felt panic run through me when I saw that it was Marco that had texted the group chat. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Marco in his costume. "Damn you and your detective skills," I said as he laughed. 

Marco didn't have a mask on because he wasn't singing. He was wearing makeup and ripped clothes to make him look like a Zombie.

I looked at Annie and she pulled her hood back a bit. "Marco, this is Annie. She's a friend of mine from Stohess." Marco held out his hand and shook Annie's. 

"I thought you said you couldn't come?" He looked back at me with an evil smile on his face. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "You know why I said that. You can't tell anyone you know I'm here, though." He smiled and nodded. 

"I better get back to Jean, see you later." He walked away and I put a hand over my eyes. 

"I'm guessing that's your friend with very good detective skills?" I spread my fingers a bit so I could look at her and she slightly smiled. 

The rest of the night we spent drinking fruit punch and at one point we danced on the dance floor. 

"Alright! We have the winners of the singing competition!" Annie and I looked at the stage along with everyone else that was in the room when a loud voice boomed after the music stopped. 

"The winners are, Poison by Groove Coverage!" Annie and I looked at each other then walked onto the stage. 

We stood side by side on the stage and looked out into the large room that had gone quiet. 

"Come on, talk off your hoods so we can see who you are!" Annie and I both snapped our heads to the guy in disbelief then back at the crowd. 

"I don't remember this part," I said through clenched teeth that I turned into a smile. "Neither do I," Annie said and we both pulled our hoods off. 

I looked around the room until I saw a group of seven people that looked familiar. I could hear them talking as they stared at me. 

"I thought she said she couldn't come!"

"Sneaky,"

"Why wouldn't she just tell us she was going to sing?"

"No one can know who you are when you sing unless it's biased."

"But we knew who you were when you sang!"

"Give these to young ladies a hand!" The man said and every started clapping as Annie walked off the stage. I pulled my hood back over my head and Annie pulled hers over her head. 

"I'm going to get some fresh air," I said and she nodded as two people walked up behind her. 

I walked around the side of the building and stood beside the wall. I heard footsteps coming towards me and I turned around to see Jean walking towards me. 

"H-Hey, Jean," I rubbed my arm and looked down at my shoes. "I'm sorry I couldn't tell you guys that I was coming, y-you know the rules," I looked up at him as he put his hand on the back of my neck and pulled my head towards his.

Our lips met and we kissed. I wrapped my arms around his neck while he wrapped his arms around my waist. 

He pulled away and touched his forehead to mine. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that." I felt his hot breath against my lips and I laughed. 

I kissed him again and he pressed me against the wall. He put his hands on my hips as I put my hands on the back of his neck inside his hood. He touched his tongue to my lips as voices started shouting from around the corner. 

"Jean? (y/n)? Where the hell are you two?" 

Jean pulled away and looked me in the eye. I smiled and pulled his mask over the bottom half of his face again. "You have lipstick smeared on your lips," I said silently and he laughed. 

He stepped back so I could stand up properly and I quickly pulled his mask down one more time and pecked him on the lips before quickly putting his mask back on.