Chpt. 10

A month past and it was October. 

I had been out of the hospital for quite a while now but I had to go back every once and a while for check-ups. 

Once again Jean and I had gone back to being only best friends a joking around. I never walked home alone again after the incident. Either Eren walked me home or if Eren was busy with something Jean would walk me home, even though he lived nowhere near me. 

All of us still went out and had fun at parties or just walking around town. All of had been talking about the Halloween dance that Scouting and MP High Schools had but I told them I couldn't go. 

The only reason I did was because Annie and I had planned to go with each other to there and sing in the singing competition and no one was supposed to know who you were. 

"What should we sing this year?" Annie had said when we were video chatting a few days ago. "I don't know, maybe something like last year." Annie slightly smiled and started to play a song called Poison, by Groove Coverage. 

"Perfect, but what about our costumes? Do we wear the ones from last year?" Annie shrugged and stopped the music. "Why not? Some people from Stohess may remember us. Although we didn't win. I still have my costume, what about you?" I slowly nodded and got up from my computer and grabbed the cat sweater from my closet and showed Annie. 

She got up and grabbed hers and showed it to me. "Maybe we can meet up a couple days before the dance, it's the night of Halloween, right? So five days away." I nodded as I placed the sweater on my bed. "I can ask my Mom if she can drive me to your house and back." She nodded and placed her sweater on the back of her chair. 

Two days later, my Mom had dropped me off at Annie's house and we were both on our way to the mall to get a few things that we would need. 

We were in a makeup store looking at the Halloween makeup they had out for the season. We grabbed some fake blood and black lipstick along with an eye makeup kit. 

After that, we had to get new shoes since both of our feet had grown and we no longer fit into our other ones. We decided to get knee-high leather black boots that made us both taller by one inch. 

After that, we went back to her house and tried everything on again to see how it would look. We planned out how we would put our makeup on and that we would do it at the party before we had to go on stage. 

Today was Halloween and I put on my costume and went to the dance. I tried to avoid everyone that I knew or knew me as I walked to the dance. 

It took thirty-five minutes to get there and I waited outside for Annie. I saw her walk up and smiled. "Hey," I said as she walked up to me. "Hey, come on, let's get our makeup on." She said and we walked to the bathroom. 

"You've always been the better one at putting makeup on so I'm going to let you put mine on, but not the lipstick and eyeliner, those are the two things I'm good at." She laughed and handed me the black lipstick as she put eyeshadow on her eyelids. 

I slowly applied the black lipstick to my lips then rubbed my lips together and grabbed the eyeliner. I placed it back down when I thought it would be better to put the eyeshadow on first instead of the eyeliner first. 

Annie picked up the eyeliner and faced me while handing it to me. "Can you put mine on? Lipstick and eyeliner are the two things I'm bad at." I laughed and slowly put on her eyeliner. "That's why were friends," I muttered as I concentrated on her eyeliner. 

After I finished she did my eyeshadow and then I did her lipstick. She then took the fake blood and made it look like it was dripping from the corners of her mouth while I put on eyeliner. She then put the fake blood at the corners of my mouth to make it look like it was dripping my mouth as well. 

We packed our stuff up and shoved it into a empty locker then walked into the loud and large room that was blaring music. There were lots of people surrounding us that had their faces covered with all kinds of masks. 

The both of us almost burst out laughing when we saw an Eyeless Jack and Masky off in the corner talking to each other.

You could tell we were together since we had matching costumes and a lot of people had costumes that had to do with another person's costume. It was a bit hard to see since my hood was covering a bit of my vision but I didn't care. 

I wondered why Annie and I had put on eye makeup if we weren't going to show our eyes but I didn't question it. 

We stood near the middle of the room with our fruit punch in hand. We listened to the people on stage sing to some songs and watched as some people danced to the singers. 

Annie had been told what song we were going to be singing after so she knew when we were to go wait behind the stage to go on stage and sing. 

Two people in the happy and sad masks got off stage and I watched as a guy with a black hood and black half face mask with the bottom half of the skull on it covering his mouth walked on stage. 

The music started to play and I watched him as he sung IDFC by Blackbear.

Annie grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the backstage entrance. "Come on, we go on after this." I tried to pull back but she was stronger than me. "What? Can't I watch a little bit longer?" 

She pulled me up to the entrance and the guy let us through once she stated our names. "You can listen." She said as we stood off to the side where no one could see us. I could only see his back as he faced the crowd. 

Once he finished he walked towards us to exit the stage. I got a good look at his eyes and his hair color and my eyes widened. I could recognize that two-toned hair and those amber eyes anywhere, it was Jean. 

Annie pulled me onto the stage and I stood in front of the second microphone that stood on the stage. The music started and I swallowed the lump in my throat.