Chapter 11

I woke up feeling depressed. you'll get over it, he's probably over you by now. Maybe that's a good thing but that comment was like I was just stabbed in the chest. I can't eat, I was lucky to fall asleep last night. go back to him. I had to shake that thought away. Should I stay in this tree and mope around? or should I get out and take my mind off what I'm sad about. I'll stay in the tree for now,but I will be getting out tomorrow.

I looked in my bag to find something to do. I took out my camera. I flipped through the pictures. I looked at the mermaid one. the next picture was the one of Peter and I together. Just looking at the picture made me happy, I wasn't depressed anymore. Next picture was of the tree. the last picture was of Peter. then I remebered. I took out my paper and pencil out of my bag. why not? I have nothing else to do. My pencil touched the paper and I started to make my strokes.

**********
Peter's POV

I heard yelling. I ran towards the noise as fast as I can. I walked into Michelle's tent. My heart was pounding against my chest. I walked slowly but shakily towards her. tears started streaming my face. I got down on my knees to check to see if she was ok. I looked at her bleeding wrist. there was a pool of blood under her body. she wasn't breathing. I shook her. "michelle!" no, this can't be real. this can't be happenning. "michelle!" I yelled once more shaking her more violently. I was too late.

*******

I shot straight up in my bed. I was sweating. my heart was pounding as if it was trying to jump out my chest. I tried slowing down my breaths once I realized it was just a bad dream. I walked out my tent. I passed by her tent going towards the creek. Should I check on her? she probably needs time to herself. Once I got to the creek I splashed the cool water onto my face. I ran my fingers through my hair. I sat down next to the creek and replayed events through my head.

'Now let's see those pretty eyes' I snatched off her glasses and ran into the forrest. I hardly ran into it though. I just ran and hid behind the third tree I passed. I waited and she ran right past me. I was chasing her at that point. man, she really couldn't see.

Then I flashed back to the piggy back ride. staring into her beautiful, brown eyes. Her eyelashes were long, which I liked on girls. I was happy just thinking about her.

I watched her while she was asleep. it was interesting. at first she was frowning then all of a sudden she smiled evilly. it kinda creeped me out, what was she dreaming about?

Then when we got to my favorite viewing spot up in the tree, I remember how terrified she looked. she was sitting close to the trunk so she wouldn't fall off. she was even more terrified when I started flying off the branch with her on my back. I probably should've warned her before take off because it was like she was going to choke the life out of me.

I watched her struggle with archery, then she called me over for help. I wrapped my arms around her and pressed my face against hers.i showed her the correct way to hold the bow and arrow. Once she got the hang of it I left her to practice.

I could tell she was opening up to me by the second night. she didn't seem so shy. when she came back from her bath she sat next to me, our knees touched, but she didn't mind. Normally she would move away from me, but she didn't. She left me sitting on the log by myself. Almost an hour later I heard her yelling for someone to wake up. I ran as fast as I could to her tent. when she finally woke up I could tell she had been crying and was trying to hold the tears in so I couldn't see her cry. She said she was fine but I knew it was a lie.

When she turned around I pretended as if I left the tent. as soon as I heard her actually crying I decided to stay with her for the night, to comfort her. I woke up from something moving my hair around. it actually felt nice and I knew who was doing it.

I decided to teach her how to fly later that morning. she was confused about what was happening at first and was pissed at the end of it all. She looks cute when she's mad.

We went to the beach and I decided to play around a little. I tossed her into the cold water. When she got up, I turned turned invisible so she could see me. I teleported behind her and hugged her from behind. she was so mad. She tried tackling me. so I let her push me down. I turned invisible again and her face was priceless. on her way back to the shore I hugged her from behind again. then I ended up winning a war of splashing, by then she wasn't mad anymore.

I can't believe she lied to me about having a cat and the fact I believed her. I should've known those weren't cat scratches. Well I wouldn't tell anyone the truth either. it's personal, and brings back memories of those horrifying moments.

I think I'm falling for her. Maybe not love her like that, but I do care about her. I tried to kiss her, but she backed out of it. I was hurt from the rejection. does she not like me back? maybe she likes me but not like that. it's killing me inside to know exactly why. I felt even more terrible when I found out the truth about mr. fluffikins. I tried the butterfly game with her and I really hope it works. I wonder who is the butterfly.

I was done thinking. I walked back to the campsite. everyone was eating, except one person was missing.
"Thomas!"
"Yes, pan?"
"Can you go tell Michelle that breakfast is ready?"
"Sure."

He walked off towards her tent. I could've gotten her myself, but I don't think she would want to see me, especially after what happened last night. Am I the reason she wanted to hurt herself? What else could've caused it? I couldn't think of any other reason. I felt bad inside. Then I saw Thomas come back without michelle. He looked frightened. did my nightmare come true?
"Where is she?"
"She's gone"
"What do you mean gone?"
"She's not in her tent."

I flew as fast as I can to her tent. she wasn't there. I flew to the creek, nope. I flew to my viewing tree, no. I checked the cliff, no. I checked the beach spot we were at yesterday, I didn't see her there either. she ran away and I have this feeling that it's because if me.