Chapter 34

Everything makes sense now. My mom knew that Cynthia was after her. She put a spell on the book to communicate with me. She knew about the prophecy. She knew she was going to die soon so she gave me the book to put me on track to fulfill the prophecy. She had everything planned out.

I started walking towards where the army was waiting. The barrier broke, the magic wore off. Both armies ran towards each other and started attacking. I can't hear anything, it's silent and everything is moving in slow motion as I walk right through the battle. No one touched me. It's as if they don't see me.

I watched the gory scene of my friends getting killed. I saw a mermaid rip out a fairy's throat with her bare, sharp teeth. I felt no emotion. I kept walking forward. My breath stopped short at the sight of Dymond and Amber lying on the ground lifeless. I feel empty. I don't have time to cry, this needs to end now. Keep walking.

"Looking for me?" I turned around to face the cold hearted hag.

"Why are you doing this? What will you gain from this? That's right, nothing. You win nothing, Cynthia"

She blasted me into a tree. I fell to the ground with a thud.
"You're doing this all out of jealousy? What's the point? She's already dead, what more could you want?"

She yelled out, picking me and slammed me back down. Pain shot throughout my body. The longer this takes the more innocent lives are taken.

"Cynthia, you can start off new. It doesn't have to be this way."
"You're just trying to save yourself!" She yelled at me.
"I'm trying to save you!" I yelled back with the same ammout of force.

"I'm giving you one more chance, Cynthia. Stop this."
She stopped to catch her breath and thought for a while. Suddenly she yelled out in anger and shot her dark purple powers at me. I blocked her with my own powers.

I have so much energy inside me. My blast grew in size. Cynthia's power was weak against mine. I stood up and walked towards her slowly and steadily. It made sense to me now. When the book went inside of me it gave me this power. It knew I was ready, it was time for the prophecy to be fulfilled.

The power was so strong that it put me in pain trying to control it. I yelled out, giving Cynthia all I got. There was a big flash of light then I blacked out.