Chapter 30

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. My mom took away my phone for a week, then I got writers block. Then I had finals coming up, but now I'm out of school for the summer so I can update more often. =)
****************

PETERS POV

I looked around frantically. Where is she? I have to tell Clarion, now. I teleported to the boundary and ran around the fairy territory, looking for her. Someone told me she was at home. I ran to her house and knocked on the door. When she finally opened the door I looked into her eyes. They were red, and her face was stained from tears. She must've been crying just now.

"I was outside the territory and I went to look for Cynthia's body."

She raised her eyebrows.
"Your point?"
I bit my lip.
"She wasn't there."
"Wasn't she dead when you left her?"
"That's what I thought, but there's a chance that she isn't. Or maybe an animal ate her."

She pondered over this for a moment.
"How did Michelle kill her?"
"She just blasted her with her powers, but she stopped after I tried to convince her not to kill her. Then Cynthia stabbed her and Cynthia died."

"Killing Cynthia shouldn't have been that easy. Michelle is strong, possibly stronger, but Cynthia has more experience."

"She said she wants to destroy all of her mom's happiness."

She thought about what I said for a moment. Then her eyes lit up realizing something.

"The fairy territory. Melinda lived in the fairy territory. She loved us. We were her family."

"You can just put a protection spell around it right?"

"Yes, but we'll need guards to protect it"

"You can use my lost boys and use some of your fairy army people. We won't be able to defend it forever though. We should kill her for good."

"We can't kill her"
I put on my questioning face.

"There's a prophecy"
"About?"
"There's a prophecy that says A witch will plan to destroy the island out of jealousy of her sister. She will succeed unless the younger sister bears a child. That child is the only one that posses the power to eliminate the witch."

"Well we're screwed"

"Since it's a prophecy, it must be fulfilled. She's going to wake up from the curse eventually. Until then we must protect her."

The thought of Michelle made me want to hold her in my arms again. To start over with her.

While I was deep in thought queen clarion started to rally up her army. I snapped out of it and warned my lost boys. They took their assigned stations and guarded at the border. Clarion casted a protection spell in the shaped of a dome over the territory. Were inside the dome. No way in and no way out.

They had started Michelle's "funeral" and I couldn't stand to see her like that so I didn't attend it. I walked into the forest area of the fairy territory. I climbed up a tree. When I found a branch that I liked I sat on it and leaned against the trunk of the tree. I let one of my legs dangle off the edge.

My mind was blank. I felt empty. I couldn't feel any emotions. I want to die... Next to her. I closed my eyes and drifted off into sleep.