Chapter 38

I climbed down the tree to find Rumple crying.

"What's wrong?"

He jumped up and cried papa. He'd thought something bad happened to me. He held me tight. I reassured him that I'm fine and I told him I found out a way that I can stay. That's when the shadow came in on cue. Rumple held onto my arm tightly and screamed monster. The shadow kept pulling at him.

"It's not a monster, rumple. It's a friend."
I kept telling him to let go.
"I was never meant to be father. A child can't have a child."

That's when he stopped trying. The shadow finally pulled him off. Suddenly, green fog surrounded me, I was transforming. I stared down at my previously wrinkled hands which were now new. I even had lean muscles, I was a teenager again.

I looked up again and saw Rumple watching. The shadow carried him away. I could still hear him screaming. What have I done?

********************
A/N POV

I was carrying Rumple back to the Enchanted forrest. I made sure he was safe and left him in front of the midwifes' door. Then I made my way back to Neverland.

***********************
Peter's POV

I picked up Rumple's doll. He must've dropped it.

Michelle gave him this doll. She used to tell rumple stories about "Peter Pan". She told him about the lost boys and Neverland. Peter Pan was a hero, a good guy in her stories, nothing like me. Then again she always saw the good in me, I still don't see it.

Her stories were never evil or bad she made Neverland sound like a child's fantasy. She told him about the fairies, but not what happened to them. She told him about the mermaids and how beautiful their voices were, but not about how they would try to drown people. She told him about how the lost boys loved games, but not about them taking innocent lives.

She told him everything she learned about Neverland in her book. It always made her happy. Some mornings Rumple will talk about his dreams. He would talk about how he was on Neverland and everything was beautiful. He said he saw the lost boys, mermaids, and fairies. It would make Michelle smile. He mentioned meeting a fairy named Clarion.

Michelle told Rumple about Clarion, queen of the fairies, but never once did she ever mention Dymond, Thomas, Amber, and Caleb. Which is why she freaked out when Rumple started telling her about them. Everything he said while describing them were true. He said that they told him to tell Michelle that they love her. His comment sent her in trauma. She crouched down and screamed with tears in her eyes.

Rumple didn't understand what was happening. He doesn't know about the war, he doesn't know the truth. She was reliving the moment when they died, she couldn't help them. Sometimes she would go crazy and attack me because she was trapped in the time when I cheated on her. One time while we were shopping at the market she was yelling at a lady calling her Cynthia.

She almost blasted the poor women with her powers, but I calmed her down and snapped her back into reality before she could. Magical creatures were normal but Michelle believed people would treat her differently if they found out. She wanted to keep that secret between us only.

"Peter?" That voice. It sounded so familiar. I finally connected it to a person, but I just denied it. It couldn't be. No way.

"Peter." It sounds so real like she's right there. Right behind me.

"Can you stop ignoring me and turn around?" That sass. It has to be. I turned around and my heart beat sped up. My mood went from guilty to happy. I couldn't help but smile. "Michelle" I said as I approached her to hug her.