Chapter 29

PETERS POV

Her body was still. She wasn't breathing. She looks dead, but she's asleep. It hurts me to see her like this. She's alone in a room filled with fire. This is my fault, it should be me in there. She's tough, she can handle it.

I touched the side of her face with the tips of my fingers. I lingered them along her jawline. My fingers stopped below her lips. One day someone will wake her from this curse, her true love. It can't be me. There's no point in trying. I treated her wrong. I'm surprised she had forgiven me.

She's a good person. Her parents would be proud of her. I'm a monster. I don't deserve to live. I don't deserve her. I stared at her beautiful, perfect face. I brushed my thumb over her lips. What if? I can't be. It wouldn't work. I can at least give her a goodbye kiss. I started to lean in then I was interrupted by the creaking of the door opening.

I looked up to see queen clarion. I stood up and bowed to her. she looked at me weirdly.

"You're being a gentleman?"
I shrugged.
"She has that effect on me." I said nodding my head towards Michelle.

She looked over at her.
"She's gone?"
I nodded my head looking at the ground. She walked over to the bed. She rested her hand on Michelle's.

"Are you going to attend her funeral?"
"She's not dead"
"She's going in a coffin, so it's like a funeral."

I walked out, not answering her question. I walked quickly, avoiding everyone. Once I exited the territory and got deep into the forest, I punched a tree as hard hard as I can. The tree fell with a loud crash. I yelled out and pulled my hair. I collapsed to the ground on my knees. I grabbed my face, it was wet from tears. Why does she do this to me. Why do I care so much? I know why, because I love her.
I should've told her that before she left.

Where is Cynthia? I want to damage her carcass even though she won't feel it. I flashed to the area where it all went down. I looked around everywhere, but she wasn't there.

****************
Ok, that was a short chapter, but I wanted to leave it with a cliff hanger. I'll try to update sometime this week. I hoped you liked it. =P

Vote
Comment
Spread the word

Thanks,
MsSterling