un

Fire had burned through her, tearing her apart from the inside. It was a nightmare- haunting her every waking moment. An echo in her bones that resonated through her soul with a frightening passion. In what was left of her existence, she became an empty shell of what she used to be. She became bypassed, looked over by people because she became a number in the hell that she resided.

Reyna was invisible in every way possible- which was impossible.

"Are you listening? Do you understand what you need to do?" It was something she heard constantly, the boy's words rang in her head-on loop but this time it was the real deal. They were depending on her to bring them safety, to protect them all as they went around tearing other people apart.

Standing in front next to Riley, she stepped into the tides- swimming through the murky water with quick strides. The burn of the fire struck through her mind, taking the chance to haunt her anew. Reyna had no inkling as to how the others weren't broken over what had happened to them- over what they had become.

To Reyna, the simple task of feeding killed her on the inside. She could never erase the memory of sinking her teeth into a person's soft flesh, the rush of blood as it flooded into her mouth- how she slowly drained their life so that she could expand hers. She loathed the fact that she enjoyed it- slowly destroying the person that she used to be.

For the past few days- weeks even- it was as though she was drowning in a never-ending dream that brought nothing but terror to her.

Navigating the water easily, she blinked away the pain that spiked in her heart at the idea of this becoming her life. Bree- a girl with whom Reyna had found friendship- was near on her right, giving her ankle a reassuring squeeze.

Bree was shy, but friendly enough which brought the two together in what seemed to be their darkest times.

Glancing back at her friend, Reyna felt her feet touch the ground- leading her to stand on her feet and slowly ascending from the water. They were nearing their targeted location causing fear to rise in her chest. She didn't want to go but she didn't really have much of a choice.

Bree appeared at her side, linking their fingers, and leading her forward with their newly enhanced speed.

Trees flew past them, their footsteps a roar in her ears as she raced forward. She was certain that if it could, her heart would be hammering in her chest. The speed in which she moved was outstanding – remarkably incomparable.

A breeze blew past her abruptly- slamming into her, her throat burned with hunger at the smell she caught on the wind. It was the one Riley had been passing around, sweet and intoxicating. Slamming to a halt, Reyna's head spanned towards the distance and she bolted forward with a new-found urgency because despite how much she despised her new habits, she still starved for a taste.

She was fast, following the scent as it grew stronger. She was nearing a clearing, nearly there but was yanked to a stop- an unforgettable pale hand curled around her shoulder and a disgusted hiss escaped her mouth.

"Don't forget about the plan, Reyna," Riley seethed. "Do it now before it gets too late."

She glared at him, eyes following the other newborns as they ran past her and she clenched her fist in concentration. Slowly, she watched as they began to fade from vision and she chased after them- crashing into the clearing to see a group of vampires surrounding her.

Reyna found herself alone, seeing as invisible forces wrecked havoc on the strange coven with gold eyes, but what was strangest was that she knew them. The Cullen's stood before her- fighting for their lives. Jasper Hale was the one that made a move towards her and sudden fear filled her- the other newborns flashing into vision briefly as she backed away.

She felt eyes on her and she crouched down- letting out a threatening hiss. She wanted them to stay away, she her head spun and the floor swayed under her feet at the prospect of dying again.

"Stay away," she snarled at Jasper, the boy ignoring her continued to move forward. Her red eyes locked on him, analysing his every move- though she knew it would do no good. The growls of the newborns were loud as they fought and she flinched away- giving Jasper the opportunity to grab her and lock his arms around her neck.

Reyna snarled, fingers curling around his arm and yanking away. Her teeth pressed down, cutting through the marble skin easily. The newborns appeared as she lost complete focus, the Cullen's easily tearing through them.

Her neck crunched- pain shot through her body and she gasped, eyes wide and dangerous she clawed at him desperately. Time slowed and he began to twist, her skin cracking under the pressure.

The trees rustled- giant creatures shooting from the foliage, their maws clasping around those who had red eyes. Their growls mixed well with the chaos, their bodies moving in swift movements that were nearly mesmerizing.

It would have been mesmerizing had she not felt the stone of her neck breaking away as a boy that she went to school with was seconds from killing her.

A helpless scream tore through her, the palms of her hands slamming against Jasper's arms and he went flying away and she slumped to the dirt floor. Gasping, her hands held her neck- willing it to heal.

And then she was grabbed once more. Hands wrapped around her arms- yanking them back and a foot pressed to her back.

Reyna cried out- a chilling scream passing her lips. Her head lifted, eyes flitting around for a way to escape. Fear coursed through her, tears gathering in her eyes and she stared forward.

His eyes met hers briefly but it was enough.

A wolf larger than her spiraled towards her but it was delicate hands that pulled her away from her attacker and to her feet. Alice Cullen stood before her, holding her as though she was made of glass. Rosalie stood behind, watching her with a guarded expression.

The wolf kept coming forward- stalking toward her and Reyna fluttered with so many different emotions.

Her hands faded in and out of focus- her body barely visible and in a desperate attempt to save herself from death, she ran.

☼☼☼

Vote,
Comment,
& Follow me on Wattpad.

So this is the first chapter and im not entirely sure if I like it all that much but I really wanted to post it.

Unedited.