sept

The boiling temperature of the shower did little to ease her nerves as it normally would. The steam around her was oddly suffocating, even if it did not restrict her lungs as it would whilst human.

She had scrubbed her skin raw, or at least she would have had she been capable. The amount of force she used was deadly but she apparently could not harm herself with a forceful shower. With her hair damp and falling limp around her shoulders and a loose pair of pyjamas hanging from her, Reyna walked toward her bedroom slowly- a towel clutched in her hand and dabbing at her hair.

Standing in the doorway silently, Reyna watched as he moved around slowly. He looked at various books, flipping the pages and peaking at the few notes she had left. His nose scrunched as he squinted at her rushed and tiny handwriting, not understand the things that she wrote.

His shoulders were relaxed, seemingly at ease in her space. Chest still bare and dirty feet leaving faint spots on the floor. Embry was still an enigma to her while she was basically out in the open- having spewed multiple facts about herself to any of the wolves when possible.

It made her wince; how love-struck she was of a boy that did not want anything to do with her, a boy that she hardly knew. Though the image of him standing in her room was fitting, he looked like he truly belonged.

Flickering in and out of focus nervously, Reyna glanced at her clothes subconsciously. They seemed much smaller, showing off skin that he probably did not want to see. The red of the silk fabric was mocking, a poor choice on her part due to her described diet- he would not like the sight of red on her, he couldn't.

It took a moment for him to acknowledge her, dark as snapping to her as her clean scent probably filled the room- vanilla and strawberries, her feeble attempt to smell human and cast out the smell of the blood she tracked in, to try and erase the sweetness t that clung to her so as not to burn his nose. She had been too quiet for it to have been anything other than her smell.

"I wanted to be an architect," Reyna explained, pointing half-heartedly at the books that were scattered around her room. "Perhaps in a few years, when Carlisle thinks its okay, I'll get a degree."

Inwardly wincing at her choice of words, she continued anyway. "You probably knew that though, Bella must have said something, and I'm positive I've mentioned it to at least one of your friends."

Embry nodded, fingers falling from the book he was holding open and tucking a hand loosely in his pocket. He turned to face her fully, and Reyna was suddenly glad she had was dead and could not blush. His habit of wearing little clothes was proving to be both a blessing and a curse in her books.

When he didn't make a move to reply, Reyna darted her eyes to her slightly open window. It would not take her long to take a quick dash and disappear into the forest surrounding the house. She began to believe that perhaps this had been a horrible decision, that maybe it was better off with him pretending that she did not exist.

This situation was an enigma that she could not peace together, he was a contradiction in and of itself. It was hard to know the right way to go about such a foreign situation.

She cleared her throat. "Can I do anything for you? Get you a drink or something?"

"You have human food around here?" he asked skeptically eyeing her.

It was easy for her to smother her natural reaction to his words; repressing the wince and smothering the hurt that struck her core. She tried to convince herself that he didn't mean it.

"Of course, the house is always stocked for Bella and they keep plenty of things around for my comfort." She gave him a plain smile, forced and lacking any real emotion.