cinq

There was an emptiness that blossomed in her chest the farther they pulled her away from the wolves. The scent of blood was heavy in the air- an animal tang to the iron that burned in her lungs and drilled into her head.

She had fed earlier that day and she had fed well, she had successfully passed through the wedding but it was them that broke her concentration. He was delectable, the taste of him heavy in her lungs and she wanted him on her lips.

She thrashed around, the strong arms around her pulling taunt as she struggled. Everything in her was too much, the hunger and the emptiness that only grew tore at her.

"Relax, Reyna! Calm down!" Emmett voice sounded in her ears- deep and angry.

The young vampire grew still- mind slowing to a still before she let out a sob. Her body wracking with sobs hat rip from her throat- tearless yet loud. She wanted to cry, to feel the release that came with tears and the exhaustion that followed.

It was cruel- living eternity restricted from mere human necessities. She felt stripped from her humanity and left bare to exposure.

"I want to understand. What's happening?" She croaked, falling against Emmett heavily.

"It happens, we all have moments of weakness in the beginning," the boys voice dropped to a soothing tone, his arms loosened a fraction in an attempt to comfort her.

"No, it's not that," Reyna cried. She curled her arms around herself and twisted her fingers into her shirt. "That boy, the one that turns into the beautiful grey wolf- he smells better than anything I have ever experienced. I want nothing more than to taste him and it hurts me so much because I can never imagine hurting him."

"What do you mean?" Emmett mumbled, letting her cling to him like a small child. Her stroked her hair carefully, allowing her to quiver against him.

"I yearn to be near him, it is physically paining me to be away from him but I don't trust myself to get too close, I- I can't because I'll kill him," Reyna whispered into the night, stumbling over her words ungracefully yet she continued to appear perfect.

Emmett sat still, body growing tense for a fraction of a second but she felt it. The way, despite him being rock solid, he grew rigid. She shot her head up, looking t him with disbelief and smacked his chest.

"What is it?" Reyna demanded, furrowing her brows angrily. "What aren't you telling me?"

"It's not that simple to explain," he rushed, readying himself for another angry outburst. "Carlisle would be better suited for this."

"I don't want Carlisle to tell me. I don't want to wait, I want to know now."

He groaned, a rumble that sounded very much like a growl. "Fine, okay have you ever heard the term blood singer? Or imprint?"

Stuck in a spiral, Reyna felt stuck and unable to climb out of the hole she had found herself in. She felt lost on a road that goes in one direction- barricaded and trapped behind an invisible line that prevented her from doing what she wanted.

Dressed nicely, Reyna didn't mind any dirt sticking to her shoes as she stood still her arms topped with three boxes full of homemade cupcakes- all red velvet and made on her own. She stood trapped behind the invisible barrier patiently as she waited for someone to arrive.

Emmett had explained it all to her, rambling and spewing random facts until she could finally understand the basic off what he was trying to say, and then Carlisle had explained it further.