The Mother's Choice

Aliah lifted her hands away from the piano, water filled her eyes so she pushed them back. She missed Hogwarts, her father, her grandmother and Draco. Aliah felt a hand on her shoulder. She shrugged it off and stood up. She walked to the double doors leading to the garden and wrapped her arms around herself.

"What's the matter darling?"

"I miss Dad,"

"I know. I miss him too," Serena walked behind her daughter. Aliah turned and buried her head in her mother's chest.

"Tell about this place," Serena said quietly

"This is Malfoy Manor. Draco's home,"

"Ah yes Draco Malfoy. I've seen you two around,"

"You've seen us?"

"Darling girl I have been watching you your whole life. I have also watched your father watch you,"

"Father?" Aliah looked at her mother

"He had been watching you from afar your whole life. The pain in his eyes when he had to let you go was unbearable to watch," Serena shivered

"So it was him who I always saw!" Aliah thought back. She remembered always seeing a black figure watching her but never nearing to close. She felt safe though.

"Yes darling,"

"Mother, what will happen if Voldemort knows of me?"

"He already does," Serena walked away from a shocked Aliah out to the gardens, "let us go for a walk,"

Aliah ran after her. The breeze hit Aliah as she ran down the steps into the maze like garden.

"What do you mean he already knows?" Aliah huffed when she caught up with her mother

"The day you were told you were a witch," Serena bent down and smelt the crimson roses. Aliah stood still. The Death Eaters! How could she have forgotten?

"What do I do mother?"

"Tread carefully. Your father made a choice to give you up. It nearly killed him," Serena grabbed Aliah's wrist and a heavy wind almost Aliah down without her mother's firm grip. A few seconds later they were at Hogwarts.

Serena walked down the steps into the dungeons, into her father's office. Inside were a very pregnant woman and a tall man arguing.

"Severus you know that I will not survive this," the past Serena cried. Aliah felt the grip on her wrist tighten. She looked at her mother next to her who was almost sobbing.

"I won't allow it Serena! I can't lose you nor will I lose our child,"

"Your child Sev. I won't be here,"

"I won't allow this!" her father hit his desk hard. The past Serena stepped back then moved forward towards him.

"You need to care for the child when I am gone and one day we will all be united,"

"You know that I can't keep her safe without you! If the Dark Lord returns she will be an easy target,"

"You must send her away," The past Serena clutched her round stomach. Aliah turned to her mother.

"It was your idea? Snape said it was his," Aliah said

"He was always protective of me," Serena smiled weakly, "but it was me. I'm sorry Aliah,"

"I WILL NOT ABANDON OUR CHILD," Snape bellowed. The door behind them slammed open and in walked Dumbledore and McGonagall. They walked straight through Aliah and Serena to the past Serena and Snape.

"Mother what are you doing here?" The past Serena spoke to McGonagall

"It is confirmed. The Dark Lord will return," Dumbledore spoke

"What about the child Albus?" McGonagall squeaked

"It must go," Dumbledore said wiping a tear that was forming

"NO!" Snape yelled

"Severus please," past Serena put a hand on his shoulder

"The child will be safe I promise. She will know nothing of this world nor will our world know anything about her. She will be safe,"

"Will she ever return to us?" McGonagall had moved next to her daughter and placed a hand on the stomach.

"No,"