She

Everything was going to change, but Draco did not know if it was for the better or for the worse. He let out a long sigh, and as his chest fell so did the girl whose head rested on it. Draco watched as Aliah slept peacefully on his chest. She had fallen asleep a while ago wanting to know 8f  her father was safe from his boss, Lord Voldemort.

Exhaustion from everything weighed on Draco's mind but he did not want to fall into a deep sleep, not just yet. He wanted to remember the quiet breaths on his chest from Aliah's mouth, how her hand curled tightly into his shirt, as if he was going to go somewhere and not return.

For now at least, before the time comes he had peace, he had her.

He tightened his arm around her waist and brushed a piece of her blue hair away from her face. Draco saw a small smile on Aliah's lips which must have been there as she fell into her slumber.

Draco didn't dare to move, even with the heaviness off his eyes in conflict with him staying awake. "Just a little longer," he thought as he felt Aliah's beating heart against his clothed torso. Carefully, he moved his hand from his side and stroked her silky hair, he couldn't get over how soft and perfect it was, how she was.

Draco closed his eyes and welcomed the darkness that was threatening to take over. It didn't matter what was coming, he had his girlfriend with him and that is all that mattered. He knew that she would be there for him until the very end and that he would do the same for her.

If he died but it meant the she got to live a long and happy life, how can that be anything but good? He just wanted Aliah to be happy and safe. Aliah's grip on his shirt tightened but then slowly relaxed, he listened to the sound of her steady breaths and he knew that he would do whatever it took to keep her safe.