[Lapis and Peridot × child reader]

[#4: MeepMorp]

Your tongue was held out as you finished up the last touch of your drawing and smiled.

I gotta show this amazing masterpiece to Lapis and Peridot! You thought to yourself, jumping up with the drawing in your hands.

You scurried out of the barn door on your stubby, 7-year-old legs, searching for Lapis and Peridot. You saw Lapis sitting on a lawn chair reading, and Peridot searching through a box. Her little legs were barely sticking out and it made you giggle.

"Lappy! Peri! Look at my amazing MeepMorp!" you shouted, waving the paper in the air. You ran towards Lapis.

She smiled down at you and took the paper, examining the drawing. She handed it back to you and said, "You're awesome at MeepMorp, (Y/N)! I guess you're a master now."

You gasped and stars appeared in your eyes. You, a master of MeepMorp?! You never would've even dreamt of it!

"Really?! Thanks Lappy!" you wrapped your tiny arms around her and she chuckled.

"Peri! Peri! Look at my MeepMorp! Lappy says I'm a master!" you shouted, darting over to where Peridot was.

The green gem climbed out of the box and you held the drawing up to her face. She hummed and tapped her chin while inspecting it.

"Laz was right, (Y/N), you are a master of MeepMorp!" she exclaimed, giving a thumbs up.

"Yay!" you cheered, pulling Peridot into a hug. She patted your head and then turned to continue her work.

You heard small barks and smiled widely at the sound. Pumpkin was running up to you with it's tongue hanging out of it's mouth.

"Pumpkin! Look at my MeepMorp!" you held the drawing out to the creature.

Pumpkin sniffed the drawing and barked, beginning to wag it's tail in approval.

You patted it's head and marched proudly back to the barn with your chin held high. It always made you feel great when Lapis or Peridot complimented you.

[~]

"Hey, (Y/N), would you like to create some MeepMorp with Peridot and I?" Lapis asked, carrying art supplies.

You gasped. The great MeepMorp masters Lapis and Peridot wanted to create MeepMorp with you?

"Yes yes yes!" you giggled, hurrying over to Lapis. She smiled and spread the supplies over the table.

Peridot entered the room with more supplies and placed them with the rest.

"Let's get started, MeepMorp master," she said to you, placing a hand on your head. You had stars in your eyes again.

[~]

"Lappy, look, I painted a picture of you!" you announced, sliding the paper in front of her. She blushed.

"Awe, thank you, (Y/N/N)! It's so beautiful," she told you, planting a small kiss onto your head. You blushed, too.

You then drew Peridot, but you added the limb enhancers she was always talking about. She would constantly talk about how she missed her limb enhancers.

"Peri, I drew you with your limb enhancers! They might not look very good but I tried my best," you said, presenting the MeepMorp to her.

She gazed at you with stars in her eyes and hugged the drawing close, her eyes watering.

"Thank you, (Y/N)! It- it looks perfect!" she sniffled, bringing you into a bone-crushing hug. You giggled with the little air you had.

When she let you go, you took out the iPod your best friend had given you. They had gotten a new iPod, so they gifted you their old one.

Peridot looked at the electronic with interest, and Lapis gave a confused expression.

"What's that?" they both asked in unison, pointing to the object. You smirked and turned it on. They studied you as you pressed a few buttons and your favorite song began to play.

"What the stars is that noise?" Peridot raised an eyebrow, cleaning closer to the iPod. You giggled, "It's music! This is (F/S), my favorite song!"

"(F/S), huh? This is... nice. I like it!" Lapis exclaimed, standing up and twirling around in her dress. She hummed along.

You stood up and danced, too. Peridot joined along. You grabbed her hands and spun her around.

The song ended and another one began. You all sat back down and continued making MeepMorp. Lapis and Peridot were working together, and wouldn't let you see what they were doing.

They whispered to each other and kept stealing glances at you. You furrowed your eyebrows at them and they finally turned to you, smiling proudly.

"We made you this amazing masterpiece," they both said, holding the paper up for you to see.

It was a painting of the three of you holding hands with you in the middle. Pumpkin was sat beside Peridot. There was a field of green grass, a few scattered flowers, a small sun in the top right corner, and the words "Our Family" in fancy, cursive handwriting at the top.

Family..? You had never had a "family" before. You had always dreamed of having one. Well, you have one now. Lappy, Peri, and Pumpkin are your family.

"It's so beautiful," you whispered, smiling at the blue and green gems sitting in front of you.

"I love you guys!" you shouted, jumping on top of them and throwing your arms around them. Pumpkin barked and hopped on your back.

My family... You thought, smiling to yourself.

---

Is it just me or was this rlly cute??

Idk. Well, y'all should remember that you can request one-shots for this book.

Btw, you can check out my other books: The Homeworld Human (Homeworld Gems x child reader) and Learning (Jasper x fem!reader)!

Don't forget to vote and comment! It's really appreciated!

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡